Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Outlander (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/)
-   -   Wagner OEX brake pads (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/wagner-oex-brake-pads-52062/)

Outlander-RY 04-11-2018 12:16 PM

Wagner OEX brake pads

Last year < 12months ago I did the front rotors and pads on my Outlander. Raybestos rotors & Wagner OEX pads.

Now - backing out of the driveway under braking is a screech show & last week I had my oil change and had the dealership look at the noise to make sure I didn't have a seized caliper. They said the noise is the nature of aftermarket brakes, but the troubling issue is the report of 5mm thickness remaining.

That seems crazy for a set of pads < 1 year old?

OEX spec read 15.5 mm thickness new & the ad boasts 2X longer wear. 5mm remaining after < 1 year is troubling?

Thoughts? Anyone with similar experience?

SERPENTOR 04-11-2018 08:09 PM

It depends how much mileage you have put on those Rotors and pads within the 1 year. May be a good idea to replace the brake pads.

Outlander-RY 04-11-2018 09:01 PM

My avg daily work commute is 12km round trip.

I’ve probably put less than 15,000 km on the rotors and pads.

SERPENTOR 04-11-2018 09:25 PM

I just installed Wagner Rotors and Oex pads front and back. Hope they last a long time. I got this warranty information off of Rock auto "WAGNER Warranty Information:
24 month/24,000 mile - OEX, ThermoQuiet & Severe Duty Pads (Except Commercial Vehicles)
12 month/12,000 mile - All Other Brake Products(Except Commercial Vehicles)
60 days - Lighting Products & All Brake Products for Commercial Vehicles"

Outlander-RY 04-11-2018 09:42 PM

I’ve submitted an email/complaint to the Wagner web site with the details of my experience.

SERPENTOR 04-11-2018 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by Outlander-RY (Post 323675)
I’ve submitted an email/complaint to the Wagner web site with the details of my experience.

Cool please keep us updated on the results!

SERPENTOR 04-15-2018 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Outlander-RY (Post 323675)

What did Wagner reply with?

Lancerguy2013 04-16-2018 04:36 AM

There is obviously a drag happening on the pads...to have a set wear down to 5mm in less than a year?/...no way//....not even a Taxi would wear them out that fast..IMHO. It sounds pretty strange...unless they are defective in some way...let us know what the results are. Best of Luck

Outlander-RY 04-16-2018 05:22 AM

No reply yet. I have filed a complaint on the Wagner web site. I may reach out to a local brake shop that sells Wagner to inspect my brakes and inquire about how they handle warranty claims through Wagner.

Stay tuned

Outlander-RY 05-01-2018 06:10 PM

Update

Well no reply after multiple attempts to contact Wagner.

Rock Auto will replace them, but I need to send back the old pads for inspection.

i contacted a local shop that supplies Wagner to get some advice and ended up going in for a brake inspection. Apparently the front pads are not at 5mm. They are at 7mm and they said there was no need to relocate the pads at this time. A bit different story vs the local Mitsubishi dealer..

So it looks like I will continue driving with current set up & possibly look for another place to service my Outlander