Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Weird audio issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 02:58 AM
Default RE: Weird audio issue

WOW people alittle angry today. Let the man try the stupid speed control setting. If it works then great if not he can go to the dealer and check if he has this defective problem.

Old 04-08-2007, 06:48 AM
JMC

Are we just talking about the radio(FM/AM) and not anything else audio?

Old 04-08-2007, 10:15 PM

no internet chat war bro...
let me apologize for sounding like that... I was just pissed last night, and thats my fault... my bad.

If you have a defective unit thats one thing, but saying that alot of people have had that problem is bogus, there are alot of people on this board... and again, no-one on here has ever heard of that...
Not saying that your isnt defective, but saying there is an issue with every single one that rolls off the line, and that problem is the anteana is just asking for something to be said to you...

No offense, my bad for snapping. I do seriously apologize... I was off on that one, sorry.

good luck with your problem, and welcome aboard.

Old 04-08-2007, 10:36 PM

ORIGINAL: JMC

Are we just talking about the radio(FM/AM) and not anything else audio?
Actually, it's only noticable on FM (probably cause AM is already in mono). It definately does NOT happen when using the Sirius, DVD, CD, etc... Everything else sounds crystal clear, which is why this is so damn annoying. In Chicago, we have great radio stations, and it sucks to have this crappy reception/clarity issue.

I'm calling MMNA first thing Monday and I'll see if I can get some more info.

ORIGINAL: soundcolor
No offense, my bad for snapping. I do seriously apologize... I was off on that one, sorry.

good luck with your problem, and welcome aboard.
It's alright man. And thanks!

BTW, I've got you beat by one month.

Old 04-08-2007, 10:58 PM

Ihave problem only with the FM radio too. The cd sound is perfect. I live in NYC area. I test drive different cars and my ES is with the worst reception on FM stations even my old 8 years car wit OEM radio has better reception on FM stations.I saw in the dealership a red OutlanderLS with sound packagewith different type of antenna.

Old 04-09-2007, 12:36 AM
JMC

Ok, that's a different story. I never listen to the radio so I had no idea. I'd see if I have the same problem but I really hate the radio..

Old 04-09-2007, 02:23 AM

FM radio?!?! Who listens to that its like having a 8 track player now. Get with XM and theIPODS its 2007.

Old 04-09-2007, 03:35 PM
JMC

wrd!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-11-2007, 01:42 PM

Update:

Left on my voicemail this morning from MMNA corporate,

"Ummm, I just wanted to call you first thing today and let you know that I got some information from the engineering department, umm they're actually currently testing the final countermeasure for the radio and hopeful they will have a fix in a small number of replacement units by next month. I am on their list, as a matter of fact, your vehicle was the first vehicle they had with a concern, so I'm pretty sure I will be notified and I will in turn, let you know..."

I'll keep you guys posted when/if there is a solution.

Old 04-11-2007, 08:46 PM

I guess you should invest in some cds haha.

Quick Reply: Weird audio issue