Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Outlander (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/)
-   -   Weird Noises from O8 Outlander (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/weird-noises-o8-outlander-30538/)

Revolve99 12-17-2008 11:19 PM

Weird Noises from O8 Outlander

Just was wondering if any of you has experience this before.

Noise 1

Car is in Park and running. Apply the brake and a clicking noise comes from the shifter before I move it from park.

Noise 2

When I turn any of the climate control knobs I hear a weird creaking noise.

I haven't taken in to dealer yet but I was wondering if this is normal for this car.

Thanks

BrodyGuy 12-18-2008 07:53 AM

RE: Weird Noises from O8 Outlander

what do you drive?

Revolve99 12-18-2008 10:36 AM

2008 Outlander LS

jsrd 12-18-2008 10:45 AM

ORIGINAL: Revolve99
Noise 1
Car is in Park and running. Apply the brake and a clicking noise comes from the shifter before I move it from park.
This sound is normal, does not have of which to worry. I have 07 XLS model and too this "clicking" is listened; this has commented in some threads in the forum. . .

tdford 12-18-2008 12:34 PM

The clicking sound when you press the brake when in Park, is the "park lock" dissengaging. This is normal. I've heard this sound on every car with a center shiftknob that has a automatic transmission.

n0c7 12-18-2008 01:23 PM

ORIGINAL: tdford

The clicking sound when you press the brake when in Park, is the "park lock" dissengaging. This is normal. I've heard this sound on every car with a center shiftknob that has a automatic transmission.
x2. It's a safety feature so you don't accidentally bump the car into gear without your foot on the brake. You could do this on old cars, I did it once and it was almost a disaster.

Revolve99 12-18-2008 07:54 PM

Thanks guys, does the dials on your climate controls turn smoothly.

n0c7 12-18-2008 08:17 PM

The biggest thing I hated about the Outlander was the climate control knobs. They felt cheap and plastic like, and made those unsmooth creaking noises like somethings not right. I forgot about it right away and don't even notice anymore. Minor detail. ;)

rcpax 12-19-2008 09:45 AM

ORIGINAL: Revolve99

Thanks guys, does the dials on your climate controls turn smoothly.

No it does not, because Mitsubishi designed it that way. The clicking for those with autoclimate, corresponds to 1deg of temperature. So it's actually a nice idea, and I find it very useful because I don't have to look at the dial when changing temps. I can count using tactile feedback how much temperature change I want.

tdford 12-19-2008 10:13 AM

A creak and a click are two different things. When I turn my dials they click for each degree or setting. Mine do NOT creak when turning. Get them replaced under warranty...