Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

What is it?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 10:09 PM
Default What is it?

I just purchased a 2010 Outlander GT... On the headliner between the maplights and the sunroof there is a wierd looking "pod" that has three holes in it with what appear to be LED's (two face rearward and one faces forward and down towards the dash)... I cannot find any reference to this thing in the owners manual and have not seen it do anything... Does anyone know what it is??? I'm attempting to send a photo of it as an attachment... If this has been discussed before... I apologize... I don't know what to call it, so I don't know how to search for it... Thanks to anyone who can help!

Attached Thumbnails What is it?-23800795879_312752021_im1_18_565x421_a_562x421.jpg  
Old 05-01-2012, 08:01 AM

Ultrasonic sensor for the alarm system. Detect presence inside the car.

Old 05-01-2012, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Claude_A
Ultrasonic sensor for the alarm system. Detect presence inside the car.
Hmm, nice. I havent kept up to date with all the new features of new models. That is an interesting one I guess.

Old 05-02-2012, 05:49 PM

Thanks Claude_A for answering my "What is it?" question. Because of your answer I was able to search the internet for further information about this ultrasonic sensor. (It's hard to search for something when you don't know what it is.) It's funny that the owners manual makes no mention of this sensor or of the alarm system in general for that matter. It only describes the functions of the F.A.S.T. key.