Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

What can you say about this review?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 01:43 PM
Default What can you say about this review?

What can you say about this review?

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/?p=3541

Old 04-22-2007, 01:45 PM
Banned
Default RE: What can you say about this review?

I dont like it just from the first sentence.

Im not going to read all of it..

Old 04-22-2007, 02:10 PM

The reviewer has a clear bias, but some good counterpoints in the article's comment section.

Old 04-22-2007, 02:43 PM

I seriously thought the review was going to be an Outie bash given OP's subject line. Surprised it wasn't but the quality of the review still leaves something to be desired.

Old 04-22-2007, 03:41 PM
JMC

I love this line: "As long as you drive responsibly, the chassis will iron out irregularities and crush potholes."

Old 04-22-2007, 03:41 PM

I would love to take the author of this article on a little off road adventure, and see if he can still call it a "station wagon". This guy is ....... I have no words for him, well I am happy with my CUV, and thats all that matters, who cares what a bias opinion from an uneducated person says.

Old 04-23-2007, 01:29 AM

Im not wasting my time reading the truth about cars website write up. I have never heard of them before and its probly a waste of time.

Old 04-23-2007, 01:48 AM

The review has some goofy comments especially when it talks about handling and off-roading. While not a truly off-road vehicle, I'm sure it can go places where a wagon wouldn’t go. In any case, I’m sure the reviewer did as much off-road testing as I did – NONE, but he still dares to judge.
The space (especially in the 2nd row) and utility are better in this type of vehicles compared to a typical wagon, therefore his comments are non-sense.
I don’t know what’s wrong with all this reviewers bashing the Outlander for not being a sports car – it’s a SUV for God sake. It’s sportier than the typical compact SUV, bettered only by Mazda CX-7, but that’s about it. It has the right amount of power for what it is – not underpowered not overpowered, with a good power to weight ratio.
I love my Outlander regardless of what this “experts” are saying and this is what matters.

Old 04-23-2007, 05:17 PM

I wonder if he even drove the thing?

Not very thorough. Some of the comments were even better written than his review.

As much as we say the review is worthless, fact is people who google the outlander will be directed to this crappy review.

Old 04-23-2007, 11:59 PM

that guy is a moron...

ya know I always hate to read any article written by anyone that does such a poor job... forcing me to read, and then re-read, and sometimes read yet again almost every line to try and figure out what they are saying.

not to mention... this guy is just an SUV/CUV hating turd... dont get me wrong, I tend to not like them either, but they serve there purpose, and serve it well. I think Mitsubishi has done one helluva job in creating a good, powerfull, responsive people mover with attitude.

Quick Reply: What can you say about this review?