Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Outlander (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/)
-   -   Why Outlander is being ignored? (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/why-outlander-being-ignored-31172/)

klas 01-30-2009 01:45 PM

Why Outlander is being ignored?

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2009/...ers/index.html

07outty 01-30-2009 04:19 PM

RE: Why Outlander is being ignored?

yeah.... it's a strange situation.

everyone i know ,loves my 07 xls 4wd

would they buy one ? ? no !

azjake 01-30-2009 05:03 PM

Because most people buy cars based on reputation rather than comparing models and making their own decision. The fact is, at least in the US, mitsu is not a major auto manufacture and doesn't get the press and attention Honda, Toyota, Ford and GM vehicles get. However as we've seen when the outtie is actually compared by automotive experts againstits competitors the outtie usually comes out very well.

klas 01-30-2009 05:25 PM

I really don't get why Mitsu brand is not a popular in US. Does it have the same reputation in other parts of the world?

jsrd 01-30-2009 06:43 PM

In Mexico the Outtie has been a success in sales and Mitsubishi yes has good reputation here... although the specialized means don't speak as much of the Outlander as of the CR-V, RAV-4 and CX-7, but without doubt, we have a great car :D

Wheeldog 01-30-2009 06:43 PM

I've had my Outlander for six weeks now, and have put about 2300 miles on it. I've seen a grand total of ONE other 2nd-gen Outlander in that time. It is a well-kept secret I guess.

ShortyRider 01-30-2009 09:29 PM

I heard that Mitsubishi is trying hard to increase sales in the last couple of years here in North America. They build a good product, (Outlander, Lancer, Eclipse) and sell it for a little less then others, and trying to gain buyers to look at their products.

So far, in Canada, well Toronto, is working, well a little bit. I have seen a lot more Lancers and Outlanders on the road.

Be patient, Mitsu is working on it!!

I'm from a country in Asia before (HK) and in Asia, Mitsubishi is much more popular than in here in NA.

dger 01-31-2009 02:33 AM

Here in Greece also, Outtie sales lag behind RAV4, CRV, TIGUAN or even Suzuki GR.VITARA. I have the impression this is due to a very inadequate promotional (advertising) policy from Mistubishi EU part. Our car, especially in the 2 lit engine range which is the main interest in GR, has a clear margin over its competitors as relevant tests also indicate. But Mitsu not competent enough to exploit saleswise this advantage.

BrodyGuy 01-31-2009 04:51 AM

about 5 months ago when i was talking to the dealership they were saying that they are having a hard time keeping stock in the lot. they were selling an average of 5 vehicles a day. that may not sound insane, but i live in a city of about 80,000 people, and there are probably 15 new car dealerships in the city. they were pulling cars out of the nearest dealerships to keep their sales going. in this city, there are lancers, eclipses, and outlanders everywhere. and my neighbor drives a galant, the only one in the city. mitsubishi has done very well here and i think it will continue to do so. mainly (i think) because honda is shorting out on their quality on their new vehicles.

DavidVIII 01-31-2009 10:01 AM

here in Panama, we are a small country but the main consumers prefer Toyota, and the Rav4 its most popluar, I just personally hate it, I can see the difference in the material use to fabricate them. pluz the best benefit of having a car that not much people have is two things.
1. you have a rear cool car, not like everybody
2. thiefs dont go behind your car, cause they usualy go for popular cars that are in demand