Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Cool Sunshades?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 10:14 AM
Default Cool Sunshades?

Okay Outie Owners:

I have been looking for a front sunshade for this car since I purchased it and NO LUCK. Anybody have any suggestions? PLEASE - I'm in Texas and I'm gonna need one soon...

Thanks in Advance...

Old 03-11-2008, 01:42 PM
Default RE: Cool Sunshades?

I think if you tint the front windows to match the back, and use a simple black sunshade, it gives it a stealthy look, and also makes it harder to see inside (so no one sees goodies to steal). I must say I am a simple guy though.

Old 03-11-2008, 04:53 PM

I hve been debating a 6" sun strip for the windshield. In NJ tinting the front windshield and driver/pass side windows are illegal so I can do them like I would want to. Some cops make you take it off when pulled over. But the visors suck and do nothing for you when the sun is by the rear view mirror and the visors dont really do anything when the sun is coming from the side either.

Old 03-11-2008, 09:04 PM

I'm from NJ to and i want to tint my side windows up front. i had them on my old car for 6 years and never got a ticket and i was pulled over a few times cops just didnt care and some said there not legal but didnt make me take them down or give me a ticket. i would like it on the outlander it would make it looks alot nicer. anyone have a idea if the dealer would tint the front to match or maybe a bit lighter cuz the one i had in my old car after a few years started to peal and bubble up

Old 03-11-2008, 10:28 PM

Your lucky about never getting a ticket for it in NJ. I have 3 friends that were told to either remove the tint or get a ticket. 1 actually ordered him to remove it. Im sure they all were probly speeding like crazy and given a break but still, your lucky. Most cops dont like it because its a safety problem for them. They cant see whos in the car or whats going on when walking up to the car. As far as tinting them, any shop you pay will do it. I went to auto FX in I think cherry hill. I got my rear window and the 2 small back windows in my eclipse done there. Lasted 3 years with no bubbles, never peeled, never cracked, never any problems and then I sold the car with it still on there. Car was parked otuside everyday. It helped with bright head lights and heat big time too.

Old 03-12-2008, 07:46 AM

Sirnewt,
Are you looking for tint or a window-shade to put in the window when you park it?

If it's a front window-shade you needi bought at Walmart for my previous Titan and itworks fine in the Outtie.It's a pop up kind that starts as a 14-16 in oval and when you open it upit expandsto about a 24x32 rect-oval or about that size. I put in the window long ways and it covers the entire windshield. You have to tuck in under the mirror and visors to keep it in place, but it keeps the sun off the dash and seats quite nicely. It was like $10 and a great investment since our dash is so huge.

Old 03-12-2008, 02:34 PM

I thought I had seen somewhere a windshield shade made by mitsu. But I cant find it. Might of been on ebay...

I had my dealer match my front two windows with the rest of the car. They charged my $70. State laws are different everywhere. Here in CO you can either go as dark as you want everywhere but the front two have to be not tinted, or have every window not darker than a certain percent. Think its 20% in CO.

Anyways they wanted to let me knowit was "illegal" and I knew it. They still did it.Know tons of people that have done it and have never heard about someone in CO get in trouble for it. Unless they had all windows limo tinted or something like that.

The only pics I have that I can find that show the front two tinted are from when I posted on my Thule rack, so you can sort of see what it looks like: https://mitsubishiforum.com/m_192215/tm.htm

Old 03-12-2008, 04:22 PM

Hey-

Sorry - I'm looking for a sunshade for when the vehicle is parked. I want to block out the bright sunlight on Texas summer days....

Old 03-12-2008, 04:57 PM

http://www.autoanything.com/driving-...;from_search=1

This one looks nice as I've thought about one for myself also.

Old 03-12-2008, 08:25 PM

i have sun shades made by axus. get them at pep-boys, kragen,etc. they are the fold -up kind that have a sort of wire frame.
they work real well, are easy to store,and inexpensive. you will need size XL.

here is my '07 with tints and a "windshield strip"

Quick Reply: Cool Sunshades?