New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

Car Audio Help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 04:30 PM
Default Car Audio Help!

I had to change out my alternator yesterday, after doing so my infinity P913 radio's theft system kicked in, well it did not give me a chance to put in my code for the system and just says OFF now, I figure it was probably a glitch in the system or something, so I want to try it again, so are there any other ways to rset the system so I can put my code in rather than blowing a fuse, ortakinga contact off the battey for an hour? Hopefully there are a combo of buttons I can push or an easier way to accomplish this, let me know if anyone has any answers that can help with this issue, and I hope when I do this, it actually lets me put in the code this time

Old 01-10-2007, 04:33 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Car Audio Help!

i thought that when it goes it off its like a security when people put in wrong codes. Like dont you have to wait an hour or something before it allows the code to be tried again

Old 01-10-2007, 04:48 PM

Yeah the code is usually like if you put in the wrong code three times it supposed to go to OFF, that happened when I had to replace my engine last year, but this time it just went straight to OFF, didnt give me a chance put in any code, secondly, does the car need to be running for an hour straight in order for the system to reset, I have just been to work and back and thats it, it only like 20 minutes per trip, or does it keep accumulated time? Thanks for your help

Old 01-10-2007, 05:06 PM
Super Moderator

as long as the battery is hooked up then it knows what an hour is. So to answer the question, no the car doesnt need to be running. It just needs to be hooked up. The key doesnt even need to be in the on position or anything. So i would wait for the hour and see if it comes back up or not.

Im pretty sure once its in the off position there arnt any buttons you can push that will change it until it resets. If waiting doesnt work then i say just reset the battery. Take off the neg. for like 10 min or something then put it back on and see if it works

Old 01-10-2007, 05:11 PM

ok, I guess I will have to do that, it has been about a day since I changed the alternator out and it still has not gone back to code, so I will try the battery thing. Thanks