New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

Gonna do something?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 01:51 PM
Default Gonna do something?

Yeah, I am. Hello everyone I'm gonna do something with my POS Colt and thought I'd share it with some Mitsubishi guys....

I've been into the race scene since b4 the cast of Fast and Furious was born; yeah, I'm old school! Porsche and Bmer have been my loves for a long time and I can't afford the one's I've owned in the past now for a while but the car bug bityes hard and I got to play. So, I've decided to take my schlep Colt and turn it into a sleeper...... (Sneaky!!)

I can't wait to show the power of a fortified Mitsubishi sleeper off to one of those slow *** Civics that make noise and no H.P.

FYI, my history has been about cars and R&D for companies your familiar with, that's all I'll say for now. Ran a DYNO for 2 years so I know a little about H.P. and how to get it.

Anyway, you just might get a kick outta my input.

Cheers!

[&:]

Old 05-30-2006, 02:01 PM
Default RE: Gonna do something?

hahaha sounds like fun.... i love sleeper cars hahahah

Old 05-30-2006, 02:42 PM
Super Moderator

Thats awesome! I Love to see little POS cars become amazing. There was a good one that someone posted of a Geo Metro. This is basically along the same lines.

Old 05-30-2006, 04:20 PM

Thnx !

It could could be misconstrude that I'm a broke-*** redneck geek trying to make the Colt something it's not.

No this isn't me: And no it won't look like this...Name:  .jpg
Views: 20
Size:  42.8 KB
I can't pass up the novelty of doing it. Maybe I'll install a muffler that drags on the groung shooting sparks as I pass them....lol

Actually it will be a clean cruiser with very subtle hints for only the trained eye...

Old 05-30-2006, 04:54 PM
Super Moderator

so what are the basic plans. I assume your putting a 4g63 in there. What type of turbo, ect.

Old 05-30-2006, 05:43 PM

I donm't know much about the mitsubishis, but I'm going to assume he knows what he's doing, and isn't gona drop some 4 banger in there.

I had a m50 with s52 pistons, and s52 head. it was pretty boss puttin out arround 600 hp. this was in my bimmer thou.

Gl with the swap, and power.

Old 05-30-2006, 10:51 PM

the mitsu 4 bangers can put out decent power and are great for sleepers.....and i still really wanna do that to a geo metro...i cant find em anymore..everyone drives em cause they are sick on gas....lol

Old 05-31-2006, 03:00 AM

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

so what are the basic plans. I assume your putting a 4g63 in there. What type of turbo, ect.
In a nut shell (Literally...Ha!), yes. I saw a 4G63 and the swap looked sano, so I know I can get 300HP out of a 16V4cyl.

Here's where your forum may come in handy. Arn't they 2.0L? and does a G28 have the capacity for the boost I'll require? I'm just starting to put the recipe together so any input will help....

Also, anyone know a place I can get a deal on the engine and 5sp?

Cheers!

Old 05-31-2006, 11:57 AM

I guess I'll start with these guys unless anyone knows something I don't.....?....

Old 05-31-2006, 01:22 PM
Super Moderator

If you get a 4g63 then make sure you get one out of a early 1g (6-bolt block). I think the one you have pictured there is the 7-bolt. I have a 6-bolt block that i have been trying to sell if your interested PM me. But definetly ONLY get the 6bolt. These engines can do far more than 300hp. But if its with stock internals then i think after around 350hp is max.

Quick Reply: Gonna do something?