New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

Greetings

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 04:44 PM
Default Greetings

Hi, my name is Colleen but I go by Kaitlin. The story surrounding why I was named Colleen makes the name meaningless to me so my mom and I agreed I should just change it so we're both happy.

I live in Las Vegas but was born and raised in Berkshire Massachusetts. I live with my boyfriend, Jason, of over 7 years. And yes, we are thinking about marriage. We met after my parents and I moved to Florida at the end of my senior year. We moved to Indiana and lived there for a few years and then out here. We absolutely love it in Vegas!

Ok well, I just financed my first foreign on Thursday (Jason and I together though). My first car was a Ford and my second a Chevy. I'm not into American cars or anything like that, it's just how it worked out. Car #1, Veronica, was a 1992 Ford Taurus. It equaled then exceeded it's purchase price in repairs. Car #2 is a Chevrolet Blazer. This one was / is great. I didn't trade it in but am looking to sell it soon. Her name is Muff and I still luff her, especially the 4 wheel drive and all-terrain capabilities. I recently put over $2,000 into it to fix a broken fuel injector unit - not cool.

Sitting outside in front of me today though is my new (used) 2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT with 5 year warranty.
Ever since I saw an Eclipse I have wanted one. Most especially this is true for the model I have. It's pearl with an auto sunroof, 18K miles, black leather, V6 with the sportsmatic transmission. This is my first sportscar and I can honestly say that I deserve this. I have worked hard for the last several years, have been through some really bad financial situations and have overcome some really hard obsticles in life. I am glad to have something to show for all of my hard work and effort. Although, I don't know what to name my new car yet. We need to spend more time together first!

Old 06-14-2004, 04:47 PM
Default RE: Greetings

Glad to see you here. Plannin on making any improvements to her? Are you taking a poll on possible names?

Old 06-14-2004, 04:57 PM

welcome to the boards pandiebeer.. I'd create a poll for you to find a name for her.. but I can't.. lol, long story. lets get some pics! (of the car too)

Old 06-15-2004, 01:29 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome. So far my first priority with the car is to get a good alarm system put in it. I'm looking to get a Viper system that will page you if your alarm goes off. After that will be a nice dark tinting because it's too darn hot in Vegas to be driving around in a car with NO tint. After I get that done I want to get a piece of wire mesh for the grille because it looks like it needs something there. In between all of that I'm also hoping to get my aftermarket Pioneer head unit installed. The 4-disc changer from Infinity is nice but it's so stock and my Pioneer headunit has an aux connection for my iPod. Plus I think the included cassette player makes my car look older than it is. I was lauging the other night when I pulled out an old box of cassette tapes and saw I had ones like Ace of Base and Vanilla Ice from when I was young. I can't wait to drive around jamming to Ice Ice Baby! [8D]

Old 06-15-2004, 08:43 PM

hahaha! thats great.. I'm not sure about pricing, but I have the Clifford alarm system that has the whole two way paging thing and LCD screen and all that.. love it, cept I always push buttons when its in my pocket so I run through batteries like crazy. I give it an A++

get rid of the cassettes! lol, a new head unit adds a lot to the interior. specially if it does cool ****.

Old 06-17-2004, 09:36 AM

welcome aboard

Old 06-21-2004, 08:34 PM

Yay, so I think I finally have my boyfriend on board with the whole stereo system install idea. He's thinking sub(s) which would involve the use of my Pioneer head unit. So first things fist we've decided to get the tinting done. I've got 'the club' and some other device to prevent it from being stolen so the remote system I want can go on hold. I think we'll do the alarm after that and then we can put in the stereo. I am going to put my 6x9's on that part that goes across the back under the window. My car should be nice and loud! I am still in love with my car...

Old 07-27-2004, 01:02 AM

Here are some pictures I was able to take.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1426/3759F84C73E34FBD90DD1E1522DBA2BE.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1426/D42726A8D4B14151A622C49F55DC9D15.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-28-2004, 12:54 AM

Welcome to the forum

Old 07-29-2004, 04:37 PM

welcome, nice car.

Quick Reply: Greetings