New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

Hello Everyone

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 02:44 AM
Default Hello Everyone

Well I'm new to this board, and took a little bit of a look around before I joined. I like this site quite a bit, and it is very well organized. Well onto business I guess. My name is Justin I just bought my very first Mitsubishi about 2 weeks ago. I purchased a 2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder with Infinity Stereo System in it. I traded in my 2004 GMC Envoy XUV for this car. I will be honest I do miss the SUV quite a bit, but I needed a vehicle that was much better on fuel economy. The fuel economy was the first thing I was looking at when I went to buy a new (used) vehicle. Well there was many different makes and models of vehicles at the dealership, but I've always loved the Eclipse. They look awesome, ride nicely, and Mitsubishi does have a very reliable vehicle on the market. This car is also my very first convertable as well. I'm with the fire department where I live at, and I've responded to my fair share of car accidents since joining, and 3 of the however many accidents I've responded to were convertables. To be honest I was scared to own one, but I guess you can say I grew **** and got over it. Well I can say I'm more than VERY HAPPY with my purchase. The car has a few dings in it, but they aren't to bad. The only things I have had to replace so far is a couple bulbs (only because they were the wrong color bulb, and my vehicles do have to be 100% legal) Had to purchase a new battery for the car since the one that came with the car was on it's death bed. I got to looking at the head lights, and realized my wig wags that I had on the Envoy will not work since this is a single bulb headlight. I will have to purchase the strobes to put into the head light unit so I still have my wig wags.

I do plan on putting in a aftermarket stereo, replace the stock speakers with Fosgate, and build a sub box, and install a stage 2 fosgate 12" sub in the trunk. With the sub I'm only doing a mono sub, cause of limited space since it's a convertable, and I still need space for my medical gear, and fire department gear. I'm going to put an under car light kit on the car, but it's going to have a red LED bar on the rear, amber color on the sides, and there will be 2 bars ont he front one will be an amber color, and the other will be blue. The amber and red lights it is legal to have those turned onwhile driving, and have the blue one in the opening of the grill that will flash for when I'm responding to a call. That one will be on a seperate switch so it's only on when needed.

I'm also planning on installing full LED taillight units, New projection headlights with the halo ring, and the bumper marker lights will just have LED bulbs in it. The third brake light will also be converted to a LED light as well. I'm trying to decide on what body kit to install on the car to give it a different look. There will be a lot I'm planning on doing to this car, but first thing will be the stereo since the stock deck doesn't seem to like CD's anymore. The deck I'm going to install is going to be a single din with a 7" flip out touch screen.

Over all I'm hoping to learn a lot about my car on this site, and see what toher's have done to their cars to give me some ideas that I can possibly work into my car.