New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

Hi Everyone

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 08:04 AM
Default Hi Everyone

Hi Guys,

Here in the US, I sold my 2000 Ford Mustang V6 (I was tired of its problems and paying to have them fixed) and bought a new White 2008 Lancer GTS. I really like it so far. I'm still waiting for some mods to be available like K&N Cold Air Intake or an Exhaust System.

In Turkey (my hometown), I had a 2003 BMW 316ti (a model not available in the US), my first car I had a bad accident this summer and bought a Silver 2007 Mitsubishi L200 4X4 truck. I bought the Ralliart ECU and now the 2.5 Turbo Diesel Engine has 300 ft/lb torque @ 2000 rpm and 170 hp @ 3800 rpm. It is a very different experience after all the sporty cars but I like it a lot. And it's really fast for a truck too.

I'm sure it's going to be great to be a part of the community.

Old 10-13-2007, 11:40 AM
Banned
Default RE: Hi Everyone

Welcome!

Post some pics : )

Old 10-13-2007, 05:41 PM

Here are some pics of my ride. It's just a stock '08 Lancer GTS, "yet" So don't look for any mods.

Enloy...

Old 10-13-2007, 05:58 PM

no front and rear plates yet?[:-]

Old 10-13-2007, 06:32 PM
Banned

Look in the window lol.

Good looking car man. I am curious, why didnt you go with the manual trans?

If you ask me i say dont mod the car. If you really like the styling of the lancer etc, then i say wait for the EVO X. That will be one insane car : )

Old 10-13-2007, 07:18 PM

I know EVO X is gonna be insane but I'm sure it's gonna be out of my price range.

I got the CVT trans because my Mustang was manual and I wanted something different. Plus I test drove the car before I bought it and really liked the CVT's Sportronic mode (especially with the pedal shifters)! It feels like a 6 speed manual without a clutch. The shifts are very sharp.

Why do you think I shouldn't mod the car? I'm not thinking a lot of mods. Just a high quality cold air intake and exhaust. Mainly for the sound. I really don't lke the engine sound of the car. Not even close to a sporty sound. I had a BMW 3 Series with a 1.6lt engine and it had a LOT sportier engine sound. Then maybe tint the windows and thats it. What do you think?

Old 10-13-2007, 07:27 PM

Its your car, you need to do whatever makes you happy.

Old 10-13-2007, 07:32 PM

I know, I was just wondering why Sebba thinks I shouldn't mod the car

Old 10-13-2007, 07:54 PM
Banned

My only concern would be for the warrenty. I would hate to see it get voided for something like that. I would check with your dealer (every one is different) and see what they say. Other than that, i say those are good mod choices. Just as long as the exhaust isnt a fart can 4 inches in diamiter : )

Are the downshifts instant on that? Or do they take a while? The CVT is super ****ty with fuel consumtion if you have a heavy foot. You can just hold it at redline all day.... lol. But if you drive it like an old lady you can get pretty good MPG out of it.

Old 10-13-2007, 08:07 PM

You're right, I'll ask the dealer about the warranty.

I'm thinking of a high quality exhaust system (or maybe only a muffler) from a name brand. So it won't be a fart can

Downshift and upshifts are both very instant and sharp, which impressed me the most when I first test drove it. It has nothing to do with a regular tiptronic transmission.

I don't know about the fuel consumption but I'm sure it's a lot better than my old Mustang!!

Quick Reply: Hi Everyone