New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

hi, lets just say im new.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 07:04 PM
Default hi, lets just say im new.

First things first :
Name:  mitsu4life.png
Views: 99
Size:  48.5 KB

my first car i bought was a nonturbo 1g eclipse. :]
i FELL in love.
then i got tired of being NA
and bought my vr4.
vr4 = pure sexy time. [lol]

[mod|list]
APEXi Super Air Fuel Controller
2 pod gauge pillar (Boost & A/f Meter)
TurboXS Type RFL Blow off valve
HKS Turbo Timer
Stainless Steel Downpipe
Intake
Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
3SX Fuel Rail Loop
13g Turbos [installation thanks to evans performance!]
Underdrive Pulley
[i think thats it..lol]

oh &
current status:
bent valves.
[should be running within the next month or so.]

Name:  025b-1.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  85.2 KB
Name:  waterfrontsunrise024c-1.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  63.0 KB

now everyone knows you have to have a dd when you own a mitsu. so heres mine :]

[mod|list]
Gold line springs
bB badges & badgless.
black headlights w/star in them.
black grille.
[more to come.]

enough about my cars, now about me.
im 20 years old. have two loans on cars & mod both of them, so i work my butt off. [not mommys or daddys cars]. i spend a lot of time online researching both of my cars. i plan to one day go to uti or some school to be a certified mechanic. i live in jacksonville florida, and my yard has over 40 cars to work on. basically you can say my life revolves around cars. :]

ps - myspace = myspace.com/rozier

Old 02-20-2008, 07:11 PM
Default RE: hi, lets just say im new.

well its good to see your on here and most deffenitly not getting made fun of by stupid hondas

Old 02-20-2008, 07:15 PM

lol yeah. i agree with that. they get on my case, because im faster than them. and cuz my car never runs. lol.. but i'll be taking care of that soon. i dont think they know how fast i really am. they think im in the 200hp range :]

Old 02-20-2008, 07:17 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forums, and I went to Uti but in exton, pa. Once you got past all the rich kids, it was a pretty decent school. Deff learned a lot but also paid a lot for it too lol.

Old 02-20-2008, 07:26 PM

yeah. money is no object for me. i mean, honestly, ive been told not to waste my money or time.. just to learn all i can with my friends and on my cars & stuff, and go take the cert. tests. so we'll see down the line. im not in a rush with learning how to do much. i know a lot for how long ive been in the scene and stuff. in fact, in the next two weeks i have to pull my engine in my vr4. what a pain in the butt. lol. the last engine i helped pull was a 420a. that thing was annoying. anyways. :]

Old 02-20-2008, 07:32 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: vr4girl

yeah. money is no object for me. i mean, honestly, ive been told not to waste my money or time.. just to learn all i can with my friends and on my cars & stuff, and go take the cert. tests. so we'll see down the line. im not in a rush with learning how to do much. i know a lot for how long ive been in the scene and stuff. in fact, in the next two weeks i have to pull my engine in my vr4. what a pain in the butt. lol. the last engine i helped pull was a 420a. that thing was annoying. anyways. :]
Yeah I know what you mean, I have learned more working at the dealer in the past year then I have when I was in school for a year and a half.

And good luck pulling the engine in the 3k gt. They look like a pita lol.

Old 02-20-2008, 07:42 PM

thanks. they are nothing like a 1g, unfortunatley.
Name:  0310071542.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  80.1 KB

Old 02-20-2008, 07:53 PM
Super Moderator

Do you have any upgrade plans when you have the engine out?

Old 02-20-2008, 08:05 PM

nah. we just dropped in 13gs because the old turbos were blown. we are installing a mbc, and making sure the guy that rebuilt the car before me didnt mess anything else up. my car is a reject. she only looks pretty. the whole reason she is down was because the rubber pipe to the turbo inlet [part of the intake] had a HUGE rip in it. it looked like someone tried to electrical tape it together to make it last. so i was having this probem with it shutting off, i thought it was the maf. so i parked the car, not wanting to breakdown somewhere. then i went about bought my new car, the scion xB. i tried to start the car up one day, and it would start up, for about 5 secs, then shut off. i also noticed if i set the turbo timer to anything more than 5 secs it would shut off. so i got the car trailered to a place that im "sponsored" by basically. we started disecting. installed the turbos, fixed the pipes, made some changes, and made the car look more stock than before. well right when we got done, we put it all back together and finish things up. i got in to start my car up, and turned over, almost started. lost all compression within the ffirst two or three cranks. compression tested it. 0 psi. on all cylinders.

turns out something was behind the belt on the crank pulley.threw the timing, and bent the valves. we havent removed the heads yet[to see how many valves are bent], because we just got new heads. we arent gonna take unneeded time to do something that we will eventually do in the long run.
sorry for the long post. gonna eat dinner. be back in about 10 mins.

Old 02-20-2008, 08:12 PM
Super Moderator

Damn that sucks, well hopefully the bottom end looks ok. Well post some pics once you get the engine out and the new/old heads.

Quick Reply: hi, lets just say im new.