New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

Howdy...

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 04:38 PM
Cool Howdy...

Hello,

My husband and I are normally found in the Honda world, but we have recently purchased a 2004 Outlander. The idea being its far more practical than my little 2 seater Del Sol (hence the name) and more reliable than his turbo prelude...

I love the Outtlander, its comfy and practical and I can chuck stuff in it without feeling guilty about muddy boots etc. But alas I have come home this evening to find that the dream is fading somewhat. It would appear that the car runs really rough on idle and doesn't like starting from cold anymore either. Although once warm it runs okay...

So I guess I'll have a look around the engine help bits and see if anyone has any suggestions to help with that. Husband is very good with engines, but if anyone could point us in the right direction that would be great... I guess we know our way around Hondas almost with our eyes closed now, but the mitsu engine is new and we haven't learnt our way around it just yet...

Hopefully we'll get it sorted out and it will all be okay, but if anyone has any suggestions we would be VERY grateful...

Apart from that... let me say "Hello people" and tell you a bit about me...

I live in Hertfordshire with Husband, 3 little guinea pigs and a bunch of tropical fish... My previous car history is... 2 x Jap import Honda CRX Del Sol's... and now a half share in an Outlander. My spare time is spent mostly holding spanners and torches for the other half as he tinkers with one car or another and we try and get to a few car show whenever we can....

Thanks for any help in advance and fingers crossed the Outlander will come good for us.