New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

Just joined...

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2004, 07:21 PM
Default Just joined...

Name: Brian</P>

Cars: 1998 Quwhees WideBody GS, 1991 GSX, 1991 Talon TSi AWD (Wrecked)</P>

Go Fast mods on the GSX; RNR 3" Turbo back exhaust, Sheperd Transmission, ACT 2600 clutch, Walboro 255lph pump, RC 550cc Injectors, Extreme PSI FMIC, Buschur Big 16G (19 psi) ported and clipped 10 degrees, Apex'i S-AFC, Ported exhaust manifold, Fidonza lightweight flywheel, fluidyne radiator, KYB AGX shocks and struts, Eibach Pro-Kit springs, 97 GS-T Gunmetal rims, Kumho 225/50/16 tires,Hallman MBC</P>

The Widebody (show car): Quwhees widebody kit, 2 7" LCD Screens, Zex wet kit, AIM Industries air cylinders air-ride suspension, OBX header, OBX cat-Back exhaust, Injen CAI, Vortex strut bar, OEM CF Hood, JL 500/1 Amp (2), JL 12" W7(2)</P>

DSMs are my hobby, as you can see. I also write online reviews for http://www.meetthegeeks.org a lot. PC's are my secondary hobby, and the ladies are my primary interest, of course. I'm online 24/7, 11th grade in High School, and 17 years old.</P>

Got any comments? Lemme know, wanna chat? feel free to IM me on AIM.</P>

Old 03-26-2004, 02:52 AM
Default Just joined...

<FONT color=black>I'm a little hesistant to believe that you have 2 cars, one a highly modded 1g and the other a decent looking show car(kinda ricey for my taste). And your 17. In 11th grade. I'm sure you understand my reluctance to believe you right? Over the years, there have been many "children" that go on to many DSM boards andact like they know what it's all about. </FONT></P>

Old 03-26-2004, 04:24 PM
Default Just joined...

dude, spyder...im 16 with one eclipse that i bought by myself from working and i have been racing since i was like 12 soo....ohh yeah my father is helping me with buying a camero or an mustange sooo.....yeah never kno man

Old 03-26-2004, 10:29 PM
Default Just joined...

Check it out though...a shep tranny cost $4000.

Old 03-28-2004, 11:27 PM
Default Just joined...

A sheperd tranny costs #895 for the rebuild bud. Where'd you get $4K at? www.shepracing.com check out the pricing yourself.</P>

Yeah, I bought my GS first, and converted it to a show car. Then I bought my TSi, stock. Someone recked it, I got 3200 off of it. Put that at 2K more into buyen my GSX. Here I am. Yes, my parents did help me. They bought me the GS, and helped me mod it. What I've done to my GSX, I've earned through working since I was 16 for it.</P>

I can get any pictures you'd like, including trophies for shows, timeslips, entry papers for shows, wether you believe me or not.</P>

See, this is where I stand at Spyder. You believe you know some things, and in fact, you do, but you're very mislead about some of these things. You know what a shep tranny is, who sheperd is, etc. BUT, you believe they cost 4K. They cost 895 for a basic rebuild using your transmission. </P>

http://www.shepracing.com/sr_serv2.html $895, bottom of the page for an AWD tranny.</P>

Old 03-29-2004, 02:03 AM
Default Just joined...

Exactly where in your description do you say it's a rebuild? A brand new shep tranny(new tranny with race upgrades)cost about $4000. That's the impression you're giving in your description atleast. </P>

Alright...i've been on many forums and have been in contact with many members of various organizations(DSM communtiy and recently theToyota guys). I have been to many events and while i don't participate, i do make friends and try and learn from them. I have many friends that own DSM's, Nissan's, and Honda's. Now, i know that i'm not an expert on everything, and i am aware that i can be wrong sometimes. That's why i research and double check almost everything i tell people on this forum. I've got the last two years of the Talon Digest saved on a diskette and draw quite a bit of technical information from that. As you can probably guess, i have been into dsm's for a while. I remember when John Shepard wasn't even a name inour community and when TRE was still makingair/fuel controllers for our cars. The difference between me and you is that i have experience. Maybe i do have some kind of preconceived notion of you and your situation, and that's my bad. Understand that there were many forums that a cocky teenage kid with his first car being an eclipse has just come onto a boardand acted like he knew everyhting about everything. So far, you're just like those kids. You've been wrong about a lot of claims you've made on this board already. You also don't apologize or even admit that you're wrong. I dunno, i posted somewhere else that i just wanna drop this rivalry with you, but just realize that i'll continue to inform people the best i can. If you think something i say is wrong, find the proofand then bring it to the forum. I have no problem saying that i'm wrong and you're right, but first you have to be right.</P>

Old 03-29-2004, 02:13 AM
Default Just joined...

BTW, get me a timeslip for the GSX.I'm not interested in the show car, just the go. It's hard to believe that a 17 year old has a car like that, and can be wrong on so many things.

Old 03-29-2004, 04:22 PM
Default Just joined...

dude, spyders right 4.000 for a bran---new

Old 03-29-2004, 05:38 PM
Default Just joined...

Mine was rebuild bud. Syncrho's went to s**t, so I sent it to Sheperd. Took him a week to rebuild it and send it back.</P>

As for the GSX Timeslip, I'll scan it and give it to you this evening. It runs an 8.7 at 81 mph in the 1/8th. We don't have a 1/4 track anywhere close to here except Mobile and Orlando. So once i get this up, are you gonna get off my case just because I'm a 17 year old with 3 DSMs and my parents support me?</P>

Old 03-30-2004, 12:57 AM
Default Just joined...

When i was your age(a long time ago), my first car was a 97 talon non-turbo. Back then, it was an exspensive car. <FONT color=black>My parent helped me with it a lot, but i knew i couldn't get anywhere near affording it by myself and going to high school. Nowadays, the cars are way cheap and i don't have a problem seeing you with three dsms. My problem is that you're asking me to believe you have a highly modded 1g and then a competetive Show 2g. Both have exspensive components and are a little too much for most parents to dump money in to. Now i wouldn't doubt you if you had the 2g or the 1g, but the fact that you have both and that you're only 17 sets of my BS meter. Not to mention you don't know all that much about DSM's either....every good DSMer knows that knowledge is themost valuablevector in performance. The more you know, the faster you go. </FONT></P>

Quick Reply: Just joined...