New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

License Frame screws

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 09:34 PM
Default License Frame screws

So i bought my first Mitsubishi Eclipse. The screws that go into the license plate frame will not stop turning. I found out there are just 2 holes in the bumper. My last car was a Chevy and i had a bracket or something to hold it. I guess i can get bigger screws? Also my car has rust on the brakes or rotors. Whatever they may be. Can i just have them sanded down and high temp paint on them to. And there are 3 screws or clips that have trouble staying into the front bumper. I super glued 1 of them already. I took the 3 out and it keeps the bumper from falling out. Just wondering why they werent permanent placed in there? Anyways this is my first Mitsubishi and i love it so much even though i just told you about small problems. And where can i find info about Mitsubishi Owners Day in Normal Ill? Im going. Thanks everyone.

Old 08-02-2010, 07:07 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Quietstorm25
The screws that go into the license plate frame will not stop turning. I found out there are just 2 holes in the bumper. My last car was a Chevy and i had a bracket or something to hold it. I guess i can get bigger screws?
Try getting larger screws. Alot of times the holes in the bumper rust and end up getting alittle stripped forcing you to use oversize screws to make it work. But you can also buy a bracket to hold the licence plate. I dont know how it is where you live but my state actually requires these brackets for inspection. (no idea why)

Also my car has rust on the brakes or rotors. Whatever they may be. Can i just have them sanded down and high temp paint on them to.
I assume you are talking about the calipers (see the attached diagram). If that is what you are talking about then yes you can remove them, sand them down, and paint them with high temp paint like duplicolor that can be bought at any auto parts store. If you are talking about the Drum brakes in the rear (assuming that is what you have) then you could also do it with those but IMO i wouldnt because i think it looks kinda tacky when those are painted.

And there are 3 screws or clips that have trouble staying into the front bumper. I super glued 1 of them already. I took the 3 out and it keeps the bumper from falling out. Just wondering why they werent permanent placed in there?
Those clips on the bumper are notorious for braking. Usually anytime you remove a bumper you almost have to plan on replacing some. My guess is someone removed it and then just tried to reuse ones they shouldnt have. Your best bet is to go out and buy a package of those "push in" clips that once again you can get at any auto parts store. Just ask the person there for the push in clips that hold body parts on and im sure they will know what you are talking about.

Anyways this is my first Mitsubishi and i love it so much even though i just told you about small problems. And where can i find info about Mitsubishi Owners Day in Normal Ill? Im going. Thanks everyone.
Owners day
http://www.mitsubishicars.com/MMNA/j.../owners-day.do

Attached Thumbnails License Frame screws-disc-brake-diagram.jpg  
Old 08-02-2010, 01:41 PM

Wow thank you so much! And calipers is what im talking about. Thanks.