New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

new to this

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 03:07 PM
Default new to this

hey my name is aaron and im starting to get sick of driving my my camaro around town getting 6 mpg with gas prices these days. i want to get something with a four cylinder and with still have power i have been looking at the GSX and the GST and was wondering what one is better and how reiable they are and what kind of power i can get if i drop about 5 grand into one. thanks for your time

Old 06-18-2006, 09:14 PM
Default RE: new to this

I my self am very new to eclipses, but from working on them with my friends i found them to be very easy and reliable. As with any car it relly depins on what you plan on getting with the five grand, but make sure it'll all work togather. one thing you gotta ask yourself is what do you plan on doing? Show car, street racing, drag racing, ect. this will determin what your moolas go into. another thing to remimber is if this is your only mode transportation, and do you have suffecient funds for supporting mods/broken parts.

Now as for which car to get, I say the GSX. Yesterday i went and test drove them both, GSX all the way. I've heard alot of negative things about the GSTs. but thats just my .02

O ya and another thing, you mentioned fuel economy, it rell depins on what year you get but some are v6s, not sure which years so just do a lill googlin and you'll find what your lookin for.

Old 06-18-2006, 10:46 PM

the only v6's are in the 3G and up. and the 2nd gen is only a 4-banger

Old 06-18-2006, 11:58 PM

go with a GSX they are sick nasty cars

Old 06-19-2006, 01:27 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome. With a small amount of mods the 2gs are easily brought into the low 14's in the 1/4 mile