New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

New girl wanted to say hi.

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 05:03 PM
Default New girl wanted to say hi.

What's up everyone? I just came across this site today and decided to join. I live in Clarksville with my husband who is a Black Hawk crewchief with 101st. I didn't really get into cars until a couple years ago when I bought my 97 Eclipse RS from a "lemon lot" when I was stationed in Germany while active duty. I just finished paying it off about 2 months ago and now it's mine free and clear which I am quite proud of. I really got into cars courtesy of my husband Brett who is also a quite talented car mechanic in his off time. He's really into tricking out cars Fast and the Furious style. He has a 96 Integra (though we won't hold that against will we? lol!) and has done a lot to it.

When I bought my Eclipse (Barcelona Red w/ tan and black interior) it hadn't been very well taken care of inside (interior and engine-wise) and there are some small dents and scratches on her exterior. There was window tint adhesive residue on some of the windows, the seats are discolored from age and use as well as torn at a couple seams and one of the cylinders got jacked up while I was on break from Iraq last year. My husband and his buddies swapped out the engine with a rebuilt one (not a turbo though), but if you asked me I couldn't tell you the name of it I just paid for it...lol. The only thing that I myself did to it before I met him was swap out the stock tail lights with silver and red Euro style tails with some help from a friend. My husband got the windows retinted for me, put new tires and some Diamante rims (18's I think?) on it and swapped out the stock exhaust pipe with a slightly louder side-by-side dual exhaust while I was still in Iraq. Being that he himself went back to Iraq a couple months before I got home I haven't done anything else to it yet because I don't have the tools or the know-how to do so without his help.

Over time I would like to repaint it a large flake metallic silver and possibly add a body kit, but only something with similar curves and lines that maintain the original design style and integrity of the car. I'm not a big fan of the Blitz or Bomber styles for example. The car has such beautiful lines and curves to begin with and I think those sort of ruin that. Just my opinion though. I want to change the interior from tan to gray, keeping the original black parts and adding pink accents. I would also like to add a pink under glow kit and truly make it my personal kick *** chick mobile. And of course add stuff to the engine to make it faster and run better!

[IMG]local://upfiles/8542/9ECC21130A6841EEB9271B9EB9EEE6ED.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-24-2006, 09:07 PM
Default RE: New girl wanted to say hi.

nice car and welcome to the site

Old 06-25-2006, 01:07 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: New girl wanted to say hi.

Welcome.