New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

new here NEED HELP!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 02:52 PM
Default new here NEED HELP!!!!!!!

my names thomas i have a 95 Eclipse GSX I just got the car in Feburary and has been nothing but problems[:'(] it has about 107k miles on it and so far i have had the clutch line blow out in the freeway twice! but that was an esay fix after i realized it was my slave cyl. then i was having a problem with accelerating, when ever id punch the throttle it would struggle but that was the fuel filter and spark plugs, then i have had the infamous idle surge problem, which was my egr valve clogged and sticking open and also my throttle body was in serious need of a cleaning, after that ran fine. until a few days ago when i was going to mod a chrome timing cover top section over at my buddys, we had it all apart and i go up to the house for something comeback down and my buddy has this scared look on his face turns out he started the car, tryed oiling the timing belt over spray got on the engine and towel got sucked into the timing . so anyway we got the towel out checked my timing but now when i start it up it starts up really rough, and when it does it shoots up to 1000 rpm for about 3 .2 seconds and then shuts it self off, i need to know whats going on with it any ideas? anything helps!!!!!!![]

Old 07-08-2007, 03:57 PM
Banned
Default RE: new here NEED HELP!!!!!!!

Well, check your timing marks are aligned. If its off.. then fix it.

If it doesnt run the same after you re align it... then you have bent valves

Old 07-09-2007, 12:47 PM

yeah my timing seems to be perfect, i was also told by another one of mmy friends that it might me my crankshaft position sensor might have gone out. is that a possibility? because the car starts but dies after 3 seconds but it just starts really rough. is there any other possibilitys to check out before i go with the valve idea?

Old 07-13-2007, 11:51 AM
Banned

Personally i think it might be your ECU. Its possible it could be the CAS but most of the time when they go out... the car wont even start. Did you smell a rotten egg smell in the car at all?

There are soo many things it could be

Old 07-15-2007, 04:39 PM

no, i dont smell rotten eggsbut as it cranks over i kind of smell gas is it also a possibility that my computers might have sensed a problem and shut it self off and might just need to be reset sorry if it sounds stupid im just new to DSMs and i know theres many computer stuff on there. so could that be a possibility and if so how do i reset the computer? do you think that you might be able to make a quick list of things to check narrowed down to what a towel wrapped in the timing could cause if so that would be greatly appriciated... thank you.

Old 07-19-2007, 10:03 AM

ORIGINAL: Sebba

Personally i think it might be your ECU. Its possible it could be the CAS but most of the time when they go out... the car wont even start. Did you smell a rotten egg smell in the car at all?

There are soo many things it could be
take that back. i actually slightly smell like a sulfer or rotten eggs smell but its not completly overwhelming. yesterday we reset the system the car started right up, however it ran extremly rough and it stayed at 1000 rpms and when you rev the engine it is extremly slow it almost feels as if the engine is clogged or some thing you can floor it and it just lifts to like 2000 rpms. and slowly creeps up the car idles now but like crap though its very rough, i was able to drive it back down to my house though, oh and its extremly loud. almost sounds like a 4 stroke dirtbike... any thoughts does the sulfer smell lead to my ecm and if it does how do i check it, or is it kind of a hail mary pass thatt when i buy it i pray it works?

Old 07-19-2007, 04:36 PM
Banned

GOT IT!!! Its electrical Your ECU is fried. Change it. Its located behind the glove box... what you are smelling is leaking capasitors.

When changing the ECU remember to find the same year, transmission, and GSX

Whos a mother f ucking genius?

Old 07-19-2007, 08:36 PM

GOT IT!!! Its electrical Your ECU is fried. Change it. Its located behind the glove box... what you are smelling is leaking capasitors.

When changing the ECU remember to find the same year, transmission, and GSX

Whos a mother f ucking genius?

yeah thank you very much, um i am looking around for them do you think you can help me out with finding a place that may carry the part, also is it ok if i use one from a eagle talon ts AWD? as long as its 95 mt and AWD??

Old 07-20-2007, 05:47 AM
Banned

I believe that will be okay. Make sure you are able to return it incase it doesnt work

Old 07-20-2007, 06:47 PM

I believe that will be okay. Make sure you are able to return it incase it doesnt work
OK so i have the ECU out of the car ( actually in the manual it says its a PCM or something), but how do i test it to see if that is in fact the problem, because none of these places that have it will let me return it if it doesnt fix the problem.....

Quick Reply: new here NEED HELP!!!!!!!