New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

New Member Here

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 07:53 PM
Default RE: New Member Here

once it stops raining I'll go take a few pics of the motor so y'all can see it. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to get the silencer out of the exhaust. It's got a Tanabe Concept G Blue and it looks like the dude rivited the silencer in there????

Old 04-27-2007, 08:41 PM

the silencers come with 2 rivets.... I see a big FMIC and exhaust so my guess would be the thing is flashed. it would be very hard to run that thing without fuel cut. does it have a boost gauge? how high is it running? what else do you have dont to it?

Old 04-27-2007, 08:55 PM

it has the FMIC, looks like equal length headers, o2 housing, downpipe, catback exhaust (looks like only 1 rivet, how do i get that out?) and boost controller, the boost gauge says it's holding at 25psi under full throttle, I dont have ANY idea if there is anything else, my friend is on his way over to help me look, because he's an Evo nut and used to have one. Any help would be nice
Thanks,
Brandon

Old 04-27-2007, 09:26 PM
Super Moderator

WOA! 25psi. What kinda turbo is in that car. It must be upgraded

Old 04-27-2007, 10:28 PM

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

WOA! 25psi. What kinda turbo is in that car. It must be upgraded
are you serious/// not quite People run alot more than that on the 16Gs. not that it i going to hold it. 25PSi is not a good idea unless your on meth or higher than 93 octane

Old 04-27-2007, 10:30 PM

ORIGINAL: TurboEvo03

it has the FMIC, looks like equal length headers, o2 housing, downpipe, catback exhaust (looks like only 1 rivet, how do i get that out?) and boost controller, the boost gauge says it's holding at 25psi under full throttle, I dont have ANY idea if there is anything else, my friend is on his way over to help me look, because he's an Evo nut and used to have one. Any help would be nice
Thanks,
Brandon
show us pics so we can deside. but let me start by saying there is no doubt the car has a flash on it. if your running 25PSi and hve exhaust and a FMIC upgrade there is no way that the car would run without fuel cutting at all.

Old 04-28-2007, 12:57 AM
Super Moderator

i would think with these mods you listed that this car must have a turbo upgrade. Because why would someone upgrade to a tubular manifold, ported o2 housing, downpipe, and not get a turbo

Old 04-28-2007, 01:04 AM

I really could not tell you, lol. The best way would be let me know when the next MA meet is and you can check it out for your self, but I'm thinking that the boost gauge is reading off, I could see 20 but 25psi?

Old 04-28-2007, 10:46 AM

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

i would think with these mods you listed that this car must have a turbo upgrade. Because why would someone upgrade to a tubular manifold, ported o2 housing, downpipe, and not get a turbo
John you have no clue... there are more people wh do that stuff than there are who upgrade to a bigger turbo. the reason why is because megan and ebay stuff works good. Megan manifolds and exhaust are cheap and the ebay 02 housing is one of the most popular mods out there.

Tell us what type of boost gaue you have. the Defi gauge reads 3-4 PSI off and the stock gauge reads in bars is not all that accurate either

Old 04-28-2007, 06:35 PM

it has a stewart warner Maximum Performance boost gauge in it

Quick Reply: New Member Here