New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

Newbie from TX

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 04:32 PM
Smile Newbie from TX

Hello everyone, I'm actually on this site to see if I should pull the trigger and purchase a Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart. Maybe some of you can help me. I am looking at a 2009 Ralliart grey with 21,000 miles. I've never owned a mitsubishi and I've liked the lancer for a long time now just haven't purchased one. If anyone can give me some pros and cons about theirs I'd greatly appreciate it. I actually am supposed to be looking at one tonight but I figured I would wait to see what some of you can help me with, thank you in advance.

Old 03-10-2011, 05:19 PM
Banned

I've heard nothing but bad **** about them.

Plus, who the hell wants an automatic sports car?

Old 03-10-2011, 05:25 PM

i totally agree on the automatic point sebba put out if u have plans to tune it dont buy a automatic

Old 03-10-2011, 05:33 PM

Perhaps i missed something, I did not see where you said it was an automatic.
Where all those models automatic?
I owned a 2006 Lancer Ralliart,5 speed.
Loved it,never had any problems.
Owned it for 5 years.
Did not spend a cent, except gas, oil changes.
Loved Mitisbushi so much that i bought a 2010 Lancer Sportsback GTS.

Old 03-10-2011, 05:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by redpattison
Perhaps i missed something, I did not see where you said it was an automatic.
Where all those models automatic?
I owned a 2006 Lancer Ralliart,5 speed.
Loved it,never had any problems.
Owned it for 5 years.
Did not spend a cent, except gas, oil changes.
Loved Mitisbushi so much that i bought a 2010 Lancer Sportsback GTS.
The new Lancer Ralliart is a turbocharged, AWD 4 door that only came with the twin clutch automatic transmission.

Old 03-10-2011, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Sebba
The new Lancer Ralliart is a turbocharged, AWD 4 door that only came with the twin clutch automatic transmission.
Thank you for that.
Yes I agree,what a waste of a nice car having automatic only.
Shame,could be a really decent car otherwise.
My bad,should have googled for the correct information.

Old 03-10-2011, 06:37 PM
Banned

No worries

If you want all wheel drive and turbo, get an EVO IX. If you want a fast 4 door family car you can have fun with, the Ralliart Lancer is not it.

Old 03-13-2011, 11:07 PM

Thanks for the replies, I went and drove a 2010 evo and 2011 ralli this weekend to be honest I liked them both all cars have their pros and cons, I really don't plan on doing much with it when it comes to performance just a few things, I'll be more focused on appearance since I won't be using it for tracking just something fun to drive around in. This is hard to type on a phone so if it don't make sense I apologize.

Old 03-13-2011, 11:52 PM
Banned

I've seen those transmissions break with 20k on them. Bad choice, I'm telling you.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:02 AM

I take it you are talking about the Ralli? I am glad you helping me out cause I'm going to be honest I have never owned a mitsubishi, I always liked the evo's when the came out just never bought one.

Question while I was at the dealership they had a 2010 new Evo SE that I drove and they are asking 32,900 for it, do you think that is a good price, in my opinion I think it is but like I said I have never owned one, so its nice to get some advice. The ralli is a 2011 and they asking 25k for it, most people on here I'm sure will say its worth spending the extra money for the evo, I'm just wondering since I will be financing is it more smart to just take the money I'll be saving in payments for the ralli to toss a bunch of stuff in it, or already have the stuff I want in the evo but than my payment will be higher for the next few years.... its a tough decision cause I really don't want my payments sky high if you know what I mean.

Quick Reply: Newbie from TX