New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

Newbie from TX

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 02:39 AM
Banned

Yes, I'm talking specifically about that twin clutch abomination they restricted you to with the Ralliart Lancer.

I think you're getting ahead of yourself. If you've got a daily driver that works for you, why not stick with it? You're in a position of power, in the way that you have the ability to run out and just purchase a 25k car. Why not wait a little longer, use that DD for all it's worth, and save up for what you really want? That is if the EVO truly is what you want.

Don't settle for crap! If you are serious about buying an EVO, buy an EVO that's been the same way for the last 20 years... MANUAL TRANSMISSION. What the FU CK Mitsubishi were thinking, I have no idea.

Yes I think 32k is a good price, but you've got to make sure that it's a no bullsh!t price. Make sure they aren't tacking on 2k dealer fees, BS processing fees, etc. Make sure the price they hand you is the price out the door.

Old 03-14-2011, 02:55 AM

well at the moment I drive a truck which sucks on gas and it doesn't look like the cost of gas is going down anytime soon, filling up every week at almost $120.00 is crazy, so I'd like to get a car I'll actually keep for a long time at least 3 or 4 years anyways and will get me more than 11.9 mpg in the city lol. and to be honest there is not many sedans in the 35k or lower price range that I really like besides the evo especially when it comes to something that sporty and doesn't have to have a crap ton of miles on it, I'll see what the dealer is willing to do for me for my trade I have equity in it so maybe we can work something out and get a good deal out the door. I'll keep ya posted. Thanks once again.

Old 03-14-2011, 03:02 AM
Banned

Another trap people fall into, is this trade in garbage. The title to the truck is an asset, don't let these ******** steal it form you!

Get out there, and sell your truck privately. Go online, type into autotrader exactly what you've got (Miles, Make, Model, Engine option, etc). Then find out where the market stands on it. Don't follow this NADA and Kelly BB crap. Look for the highest price, and the lowest price. Find somewhere in the middle, and throw it up for sale locally. Not only will you make more money this way, you'll have a better down payment, and you won't be stuck with dealing with the stealership.

How many miles are on this evo they're selling for 32k? Have you looked online to compare to what else is out there with the same year and miles? You've got to find where the middle ground is before you can decide what a good deal is. Also spend some time googling how to spot lemons, how to spot body damage, etc. If you need help with that kind of thing, I can literally type you a f ucking book on it.

Old 03-14-2011, 03:52 AM

Ya I hear ya on the trade, I'm going to see what they say they will give me if it's no where near what I want it's a no deal for me, I'm not in a huge hurry so if I have to sell privately I'm fine with that.
As far as the evo it has close to 40 miles on it. I have looked around and it's hard to even find one like that for that price, I found one in Cali for the same price but it had 30k miles on it if I wasn't mistaken.
I'm going to try and least get some sleep I gotta get up in three hours lol. I will be on here later.

Old 03-14-2011, 03:57 AM

I apologize I have been looking at too many cars lately the evo in Cali is an 08 with 30k miles on it and they asking around 25k.