Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   New Members Area (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/new-members-area-4/)
-   -   No Idle Help! Help! Anyone Please! (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/new-members-area-4/no-idle-help-help-anyne-please-267/)

LeoGS 10-09-2003 07:03 PM

No Idle Help! Help! Anyone Please!

I need help with an EclipseGS '94 that will no idle, but it does run good. Some say is the O2 sensor. I just got the car from a friend and he has not clue neither. I don't know nothing about this type of car so... If any of you guys who are expert in the field can give me a hand I'll will greatly appreciate. Also if you guys have any idea how much the repair and parts will cost that will help me.</P>

Thanks.</P>

</P>

</P><edited><editID>LeoGS</editID><editDate>37903.7272106481</editDate></edited>

skillz1981 10-15-2003 01:12 PM

<FONT size=4>I'll try to help, but this is a strange problem to have without anything said causing it. First is o2 sensor replacment second is changing the idle using the screw located on the intake manifold. at least thats where it is on my turbo. Check your repair manual and I'll check mine for placement.</FONT></P>

<FONT size=4></FONT></P>

<FONT size=4>Dave</FONT></P>

Last Star 10-18-2003 06:22 AM

I have seen this before but it was on a mustang. Some how one of the caps on a vacuum hose forfuel pump or ,something with the fuel,came off all he had to do was replace it. </P>

Just a thought you might look into.</P><edited><editID>Last Star</editID><editDate>37912.1849652778</editDate></edited>

Diamantegirl73 10-28-2020 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by LeoGS (Post 601)
I need help with an EclipseGS '94 that will no idle, but it does run good. Some say is the O2 sensor. I just got the car from a friend and he has not clue neither. I don't know nothing about this type of car so... If any of you guys who are expert in the field can give me a hand I'll will greatly appreciate. Also if you guys have any idea how much the repair and parts will cost that will help me.</P>

Thanks.</P>

</P>

</P><edited><editID>LeoGS</editID><editDate>37903.7272106481</editDate></edited>

My Diamante had the same issue I reset the computer. I hope it works for you.

1960StudebakerHawk 11-06-2020 06:12 AM

Im dealing with the same problem on my 94 Montero. Its the Idle Air Control. It is located below the throttle body, or on the side. It is failing to open up to allow air to bypass the butterfly valve in throttle.......go to Rock Auto and they should have one pretty cheap. However, I am dealing with the issue of "only use Mitsu. OEM parts"......I tried a Shinna made knock-off IAC already, and within a few weeks it has failed. The OEM part is 10 times the price, but I may have to bite the bullet and get one.