New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

Trannies and rims

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 03:46 PM
Default Trannies and rims

I need help finding a tranny for or rebuilding the tranny on my 2001 Eclipse.

I also need to find a cheap set off 18"s for my poor car.... mine got bent dodging some a**hole and I went into a drift and hit a really high curb. I currently have a brand new set of toyos...
just need some new rims... really at this point I don't care what they look like I just want my baby back on the road. I miss my baby!!!! been driving a junker instead of my beauty... the bussiness that held my rim sponsership went under so Yeah.... I'm screwed...
any help at all is greatly appreciated!!!
~Blythe

Old 05-31-2006, 04:02 PM
Default RE: Trannies and rims

I also forgot to mention that it is a standard.....
No automatics for this gurl!!!!!!
2.4- 4 cylinder with soon to be added... turbo!!!!!
Catback exhaust
cold air intake
body kit... need help to put on any advice?
Wing
Rims..... which I desperately need new ones read above
toyo street racing tires
struts
springs
shocks
aftermarket clutch
Etc....

Old 05-31-2006, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator

Nice i want to see some pics. BTW welcome to the forums. For the rims i would look around in the 4 sale section and see if anyone is selling some 18's for ya. As far as the tranny i would look around at the local junkyards and see if you can find one.

I just looked around at the junkyards near me and the trannies were around $650-$750. So thats what your looking at. Whats wrong with your tranny?

Old 06-05-2006, 07:00 PM

I found out it was just the main bearing around the input shaft where the spindle goes into the clutch plate. I was able to order all the bearings( just in case) for $200 at the local tranny shop. And I found a website that sells rims for real cheap like $108 a piece. So hopefully I should be good. Now to get that body kit on! LOL!

I feel really good about now, though..... It took 3 mechanics an unsuccessful week compared to the 15 minutes it took me to crack that case open That left me with a giant smile and them with some majorly red faces to be shown up by the novice... and a girl!!! LOL

Old 06-05-2006, 09:00 PM

body kits arnt that hard to install....do you want it on there forever? or do you want the kit to be able to come off?

Old 06-06-2006, 02:57 PM

I would prefer it to be on there for forever, But I will need some major skid plates for my front bumper... b/c the car is lowered, the body kit only sits about 3 inches off the ground.... I had it on their before but had to put my stock back on because I didn't have the money to buy and install the skid plates. A driveway took a nice little chunk out of the front that I have to repair. shouldn't be to hard to repair though. The side skirts and the back bumper are what I am worried about though. The reinforcement bar will have to be modified in the *** end in order for the back bumper to fit properly. and side skirts cut it real close to the doors. So once I over come the giant obstacles in my way to get my car back on the road this week.... Then I can concentrate on getting my body kit outta my living room! LOL

Old 06-07-2006, 09:05 PM
Super Moderator

Don't ever asume you'll have anything on a car forever lol. Actually body kits can be quite difficult if you have no experience. Most come undrilled for the mounting and the supports you should have are going to need to be made by you. It's all a giant pain that I prefer to let the bodymen deal with. I myself would rather be turning wrenches not huffin bondo. Your place is sounding quite a bit like mine at the moment... I have a rear seat and door panels for my car in the dining room, side bolsters in my bedroom and hallway, and the rest of the spare interior in a tent out back... lol

Old 06-08-2006, 04:11 PM
Default RE: Trannies, Rims, Body Kits

Yea I hear you there.... My problem is that no one wants to install body kits in this damn town.... with exception of some major moola thrown in to sweeten the deal.... but I just spent over a grand trying to get my car running again..... your right it has no mounting brackets and some jackass was trying to tell me that it would fit over my existing bumper but the deminsions don't look right. The body shop said I would have to modify the reinforement bars in the *** end to put the back bumper on.... does this sound right???

Old 06-08-2006, 07:22 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Trannies, Rims, Body Kits

No doesn't sound right at all... If it's a body kit made FOR your car then it WILL fit over the bumper after you remove the bumper cover of course. But the mounting brackets are for stabalizing the lower end of the kit. Where the stock kit normally wraps up and buttons in nicely to the body underneath the new kit likely won't. Therefore you'll need to install bars to hold the corners and possibly the center where it should be. This will also help stop it from drooping and stretching/cracking the holes you make to mount the upper half.