Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

Electric supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 08:11 PM
Default Electric supercharger

Ok so my friend is getting this for his car even though I tried to convince him other wise but I just had to show you guys this.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ELECT...00186685QQrdZ1

Old 06-26-2006, 09:34 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Electric supercharger

JUNK JUNK JUNK JUNKJUNK JUNKJUNK JUNKJUNK JUNKJUNK JUNK!!!!!! Waste of money, JUNK. Thats all it is. Its basically alittle tiny fan. That pumps very minimal extra air.

Old 06-26-2006, 10:46 PM

I'd love to see the Dyno sheet from the guy that claimed he got 45Hp proven on the dyno.

Old 06-27-2006, 12:26 AM

didnt it say it was equivlent to 1-3psi of boost? and lol wouldnt it melt in the engine bay

Old 06-28-2006, 01:51 AM

Its a good concept, adding power with out restricting power. But many problems arise. First, the unit does not come with a fuel system, so even if it were able to produce boost, the motor would lean out and mechanically fail. Second, those little electric fans dont move enough cfm's to make a positive increase in power, so they actually do restrict air flow. Third, the power source is connected to a on off switch not a regulated power switch thats linked into the throttle. Meaning that when you let off the gas to shift(if you even do that) the air that the fan "would" be pushing if it were powerfull enough wouldnt have a place to escape which in that case would call for either a bov or a surge valve to prevent compressor surge. Lastly, when you turn a n/a motor into a F/I motor you need to have either a check valve or an electronical clamp on the mas or maf to keep the motor from reading the boost... or better known as fuel cut defender.

On another note the auction is such bull becuase the guy dosent even know what he is selling...or how to even sell it. That "electric super charger" is a bilge blower for marine inboards. Its purpous is to remove gas vapors from the motor room before ignition to prevent an explosion. They only flow(roughly, depends on brand, style, and size) 35cfm's. Which isant squat unless you have a mini go kart motor. Further more every motor has a different cfm intake so saying that it is a universal part is false. You could make a squral cage blower with a check valve and a boost regulator... oh wait thats a turbo, well if it were electric and were able to flow a crazy amout of cfm's then I suppose it would be universal. But if it were to flow enough cfm's to produce 1-3 psi on a big block then on a geo metro 3cyl motor it would make some insanely high psi. Point being, every motor is engineered differently and works differently so its impossible to make a universal turbo or super charger, their are just too many different trims and diamaters to produce a universal compressor that would give a even power curve.

Old 06-29-2006, 01:10 AM

idk, he might need to get forged internals and all that good stuff so he dont blow anything up...[:'(]

Old 06-29-2006, 01:20 AM

ya, it would be kinda embarassing to tell your friends you blew your engine on 3 psi. N/Teclipse, is your friend by chance a civic owner??

Old 06-29-2006, 01:39 AM

That thing isant capable of making 3 psi, it cant flow the cfm's. Also due to the laws of physics it would push air back out the front of the fan before it would be able to compress any air at all into the motor. The clearances on a plastic fan arent as close as those on a turbo or supercharger.

Old 06-29-2006, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: slow420a

That thing isant capable of making 3 psi, it cant flow the cfm's. Also due to the laws of physics it would push air back out the front of the fan before it would be able to compress any air at all into the motor. The clearances on a plastic fan arent as close as those on a turbo or supercharger.
exactly, im thinking that those things probably hurt more than help becuase i dont think that the fan will be able to keep up with the air coming in and might actually start to build up air behind it. Its funny cuz i remember before these stupid things came out a while ago that when i was a ricer, we thought of putting a fan not in the intake, but right next to the intake, just blowing air into it.

Old 06-29-2006, 01:01 PM

because I work at a boat store I get acess to "use" what ever I want... like tubes . But one day me an a few buddys were joking around and didnt believe me that it wouldent work. So we made a bet and I hooked up a rule 3" to my intake.

the blower fan ate into the housing because of the hose clamps... but I got 5 bucks.

Quick Reply: Electric supercharger