Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/nitrous-super-chargers-turbos-25/)
-   -   Need help locating a part (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/nitrous-super-chargers-turbos-25/need-help-locating-part-2665/)

Spyderman9803 11-25-2004 05:18 AM

Need help locating a part

A friend of mine has a GS-T which we are about to put a new turbo on it. Sounds simple...but I ran into a problem trying to fit it on the motor. I am in need of a spacer so that the intake housing does not hit on the water pipe running next to the block. Does anyone know where I can locate one? I have had no luck in locating one and I would rather him not pay an arm and a leg for one at one of our local shops. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

96awd 11-25-2004 08:32 PM

RE: Need help locating a part

what year is the gst? and what turbo are you putting on it?

Spyderman9803 11-26-2004 05:02 AM

Its a ported stock manifold on a 98' GS-T.

96awd 11-26-2004 05:09 PM

what turbo are you trying to put in.

Spyderman9803 11-26-2004 05:18 PM

haha...turbo doesn't really matter....only thing I need is a spacer for the stock manifold....just so u know its a hybrid garrett turbo....20G exhaust housing with a larger intake housing

96awd 11-26-2004 05:34 PM

when it comes to a stock manifold turbo does matter,thats why you are having problems mounting the turbo.[sm=smiley20.gif]

Spyderman9803 11-27-2004 02:11 AM

ok.....this is about my 50th turbo I've mounted on an eclipse.....I know a little and have been around the block working on these cars......a spacer is a spacer.....does not differ based on the size turbo except the width of the spacer......I need one that is prob. 3/8" thick......that doesn't matter because of the turbo.....all I need it for is to keep it off of my water line....my friend does not want to pay a local shop big bucks to get one made so I was looking for a different route....I am looking for one to fit with the main gasket between the manifold and the head......that does not matter with what type of turbo I am using....it stays the same just I need a spacer....

SpyderGS 12-01-2004 03:58 PM

Unless you can make one your self, you might be in trouble. It's a td06 turbine housing, so you may want to see if the GMC Typhoon/Cyclone vendors could have such a part. Other than that you may just have to cut out a spacer from some stainless steel. I assume you're using a T4 family compressor, i know there were quite a bit of fitment issues when the Frank turbo's came out using the stock manifold. I'm not sure, but i believe the Evo3 manifold slightly offsets the turbo so it points forward a bit. If you can test fit one, go for it. Otherwise, get a machine shop or motorcycle shop to make the plate. Or you could swap in a 1g head , i think the water pipe is a bit more recessed in the 1g's. Or is it the other way around???? i should have taken notes......why am i so lazy?