Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/nitrous-super-chargers-turbos-25/)
-   -   Turbo!!!! (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/nitrous-super-chargers-turbos-25/turbo-8683/)

StreetAlliance 02-27-2006 03:15 PM

Turbo!!!!

Hi there, I drive a 1996 eclipse gs, with a 420A engine. I wanted to know, what I would have to do, so that my engine could hold a turbo, with a 80mm flange, which means it's probably a stage 5 turbo. Would it be easier to just build up a 1 gen motor? If so, what would i have to do, for it to be able to hold that kinda boost. I'm talking about more than a 25 pound boost. Because i want to break into the high nines. Would it be possible to use a side-mount intercooler, or would it be too weak? A side-mount would be ideal, because i want to make it a sleeper.
thanks a lot in advanced

EMonz57 02-27-2006 06:13 PM

RE: Turbo!!!!

Im not sure but I get the feeling your not even serious

I dont think the 420a will ever be possible to make 9s. never done yet. The 4G63 motor cant be swapped into it so scratch that idea. and to run 25PSI I dont think a sidemount is a good idea.

In all honesty I alot of the things you want are not realistic(no offense) you can turbo the 420a motor but you need a rebuild with internals that are boost friendly (search we have talked about this 5zillion times in the past month) and after that you can make HUGE HP on them because of the lack of aftermarket parts that are needed for big time HP turbo cars.

as for the stage 5 there is no such thing per say, the staging is buy a group of upgrades that come together.

search the forums a little more and alot of your questions have been answered already

slow420a 02-27-2006 06:17 PM

The fastest 420a eclipse I have ever seen was mid 10's... that was with over 20g in mods(hahn race craft owns it).

If you want to go 9's get a car with a bigger motor, ls1, lt1.... soemthing with a v8.

Not saying that its not possible but you could buy a 03 cobra and put 5k in motor parts and be low 10's where a 6 bolt you would need a stroker kit, built everything, the biggest fmic money can buy, a crazy fuel setup, ect...I am guessing at the minimum 15,000 dollars, not including the cost of the car, labor to install parts, shipping, and general matanince.

EMonz57 02-27-2006 06:42 PM

The EVOs are hitting 9.9 and 9.8s with a built 2.0L bottom end on the GT35r turbo kit many with tons of head work on top of that, the turbo kit alone is over $4k then the entire motor build up would have to be another $6k at least and if it is a 2.3L bottom end then even more $$$

NESpeed 02-27-2006 06:59 PM

ORIGINAL: StreetAlliance

Hi there, I drive a 1996 eclipse gs, with a 420A engine. I wanted to know, what I would have to do, so that my engine could hold a turbo, with a 80mm flange, which means it's probably a stage 5 turbo. Would it be easier to just build up a 1 gen motor? If so, what would i have to do, for it to be able to hold that kinda boost. I'm talking about more than a 25 pound boost. Because i want to break into the high nines. Would it be possible to use a side-mount intercooler, or would it be too weak? A side-mount would be ideal, because i want to make it a sleeper.
thanks a lot in advanced
YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!![sm=icon_beat.gif]

slow420a 02-27-2006 07:25 PM

I didnt want to say it but yeah its a little rediclous.

EMonz57 02-27-2006 08:15 PM

ORIGINAL: slow420a

that is why I said I wasnt sure if the thread was even serious and that everything he said was unrealistic (trying to be nice thats all;))

TheAdvocate 02-27-2006 10:43 PM

What is your reason for trying to get your "GS" that fast? Did you make a bet? Independently wealthy? Trying to set some records?

clipse_05 02-27-2006 11:38 PM

Damn man I would set yourself some more realistic goals like 12s if you are planning to stick with the 420A. Even then you would need a built motor and a very nicely built turbo system, good fuel system, and good tuning. And by good tuning I mean either Portfueler or MegaSquirt and some good driving to go along with it. I'm all for making the 420A into a quick street car but breaking past 10 seconds is never going to happen unless you invest a ridiculous amount of money into it, and by ridiculous I mean RIDICULOUS. By the way, you will need more things that what I listed those are just the basics, you also have to consider exhaust, ignition, etc...

NESpeed 02-28-2006 12:03 AM

ORIGINAL: slow420a

A LITTLE!!!! Come on lets be real here..... because he's not, I'm praying hes not.