Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   North East (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/north-east-30/)
-   -   HLP installing my CAI nashua n.h. (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/north-east-30/hlp-installing-my-cai-nashua-n-h-16351/)

tony32p 02-01-2007 01:26 PM

HLP installing my CAI nashua n.h.

hey everybody. im looking for some help installing my Fujita CAI in my 07 eclipse gt(manual). is there anybody close to my location that has experience with this? this is my first mod to the car so a little too nervous to do it myself. thanx all.

EMonz57 02-01-2007 02:18 PM

RE: HLP installing my CAI nashua n.h.

Where you located?? I have done a million intake they are litaraly the easiest mod you can ever do to any car.

F.O.G. 02-01-2007 02:34 PM

I believe he is from Nashua NH.

tony32p 02-01-2007 03:03 PM

hey emonz57 you are from middleboro ma? i have done much work there and that is a very short drive for me. would you be intrested in showing me the ropes when my part comes in? i really dont want to get stuck paying a shop because i kno they will just rake me over the coals on it.

EMonz57 02-01-2007 09:43 PM

In Middleboro Ma. When are you getting the parts? Im telling you this seriously is something you dont need to waiste gas to come down here for. it really is that easy. youll need most likly a few sockets and thats it prob a 10-12-14mm socket and that is all. Your stock intake it what black tube that comes from the top of your motor and routes up to the front and snorklesup inbetween the seem of the hood and front bumper? all you need to do is pull that out. take of the top of the air box there will most likly be a few bolt in there to remove prob 4 of them. then after than you will need to unplug the little wire harness going to it and then un screw to losen up the clamp on the throttle body then your done taking the old one out

tony32p 02-01-2007 10:48 PM

yea it does seem like an easy install but im just a little nervous never modding before. the parts should be in early next week. i would say wed. by the latest, and your only about a half hour from me i think. i do work all over ma. so middleboro is a common drive for me.

EMonz57 02-01-2007 10:57 PM

Well if you want to drive we can figure something out im sure. not a big deal at all. You know im gonna need a beat run ride in that thing so I can compair to my Evo lol. to bad my Evo is out of action till summer

tony32p 02-01-2007 11:13 PM

haha of course ill let you take it out. its stock eclipse gt 6 speed, this will be the first upgrade so theres not much to be impressed by but be my guest man. ill send you a private message and maybe we can set something up. i already did thismorning but ill send an updated one. next upgrade on the list is a magnaflow cat-back exhaust. the injen is just too much. any other suggestions on what way to go with the exhaust im all ears. thanx mate.

TheEngineer 02-02-2007 12:29 AM

magnaflow is pretty good. Check here for some good details. Gives a nice sound clip and dyno results for that exhaust. Seems pretty nice to me

tony32p 02-02-2007 10:04 AM

thanks for the link. i have been there but never noticed the clip... the exhaust sounds good, even tho performance increase is my first priority. is there another exhaust out with a higher end sound?