Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   North East (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/north-east-30/)
-   -   What is the best dealer in Central NJ? (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/north-east-30/what-best-dealer-central-nj-23972/)

xxsurfer1dudexx 12-08-2007 08:53 PM

What is the best dealer in Central NJ?

Shouting out to my NJ peeps..lol. Thinking of buying a loaded Lancer GTS in about a week and I was wondering what is a good dealer in Central NJ? I wanna pay something like 500 below invoice, or even just invoice.. I just want a good deal, preferably below MSRP lol. I went to Bell Mitsubishi in Rahway and one of the reps there took out the time to show me a loaded GTS with Sun and Sound and the Nav Tech packs; we demoed the sound system, the bluetooth system, and he even took me out for a quick spin. I'll probably end up buying from him, but I still wanna shop around.

Anyone have any dealer suggestions?? Thanks in advance! :)

shreff99 12-08-2007 09:04 PM

RE: What is the best dealer in Central NJ?

I work in sales and do financeat a dealership up here in northwestern PA...and dude, there is noway you're gonna get a "specialty" vehicle for under invoice or at least $500 under...that would be a "stupid" deal for the dealership and don't expect it to happen...invoice MAYBE depending on the vehicle...if it's a specialty vehicle like the Mustang Shelby GT 500 for example, (cuz I work at a Ford dealership) then expect to pay over "sticker" for it...but if you are trying to cut the price of the vehicle you are looking to buy then expect to get a "wholesale/actual cash value"on your trade.

xxsurfer1dudexx 12-08-2007 10:36 PM

Well this is my first car so I don't have anything to trade in.. also how is the Lancer a specialty vehicle?? I always thought Lancers were considered run-of-the-mill econoboxes... now the Mustang you mentioned, or an Evolution, that I'd consider a specialty vehicle.

Girly VR4 12-09-2007 12:06 PM

You'll be lucky to get $200 or so OVER invoice. The sales rep doesn't make money selling cars for invoice... The dealer I worked for... you got like $100 for selling invoice... we called it a "mini", because that's what you made... the minimum amount. You can negotiate sticker price, but there is no negotiating invoice.

shreff99 12-11-2007 11:00 AM

So is the Lancer "GTS" just a normal Lancer with like a few options in a package or something? Anyway, ifit's just an ordinary Lancer and you have no trade then just straight tell the SALES CONSULTANT (I get insulted when I'm called a "salesman") That you would buy the vehicle at invoice or right at about invoice and ask if there are any rebates out there for "first time buyer" or "college student/college grad" that you could qualify for...I know Ford offers those rebates...I get paid a $100 flat commission on a new vehicle so spending a couple hours with someone who wants to haggle price and trade value is hardly worth it to me on a new vehicle and I could give a sh!t what price I sell a new one for whether it's a little over invoiceor under "invoice" cuz I'll get paid the same on it...Used is where our bread and butter is and where my money is made plus I do finance as well and get a percentage of anything that goes through there like loans but that is paid by the bank, extended warranties, GAP insurance, aftermarket products, etc...And when you are that close to about invoice price then there is no sense of "shopping" everywhere else hoping to get the car for cheaper cuz all your doing then is wasting your time, your parents' time, wasting gas driving all around, and in essence wasting the money you would be saving anyway...I don't get why people want to shop a bunch of different dealers...Stick with one dealer and Good luck to ya!

xxsurfer1dudexx 12-11-2007 10:56 PM

Awesome dude.. thanks a lot for the advice. :)