Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Car Advice For Me - All Comments Welcome

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 10:28 PM
Banned
Default Car Advice For Me - All Comments Welcome

Okay as all of you know i will be getting a car soon. I have compiled a list of cars that i 'like' (could stand lol). Unfortunatly the decision is not mine as to what i finally end up with. The catagories that will be the deciding factors are: Price - Insurance - Warrenty?, Maintanance, Driveability

I have compiled a list in order of preferability. It is as follows:

Fully Built GSX
RX8
EVO (not likely)

WRX
00-01 Audi S4
S2000
Volvo S60R (yea right)
Mustang GT (not going to happen - driveability reasons)
Audi A3
SVT Focus
New Lancers

Mazda 3
Celica GT
Civic
RSX
Tiburon GT
Integra
Accord

Feel free to voice your opinions about any of the cars listed above, positive or negative (nothing stupidly obvious like get a Honda, they are cheap)

Now, all you guys know me and some of you know me personally. I respect whats given to me so spare me the "you wont apreciate something that is just given to you" because thats just not me. Also, don't bother with "what do you want a nice/quick car for, its your first car" I realise that, i was asked what i do and dont like as to give me some choice to the matter. I would not complain regardless what i got, but im being asked my opinion. Not to mention im not exactly your average highschool idiot when it comes to cars either, so it wont go 10k+ without an oil change.

Personally i LOATH front wheel drive cars, but i will drive what ever. Preferably something that handles well, etc. Nothing GM... i value reliability, resale value, cornering, and dont enjoy the redneck stereotype. If they made good cars that would be a different story. Notice i dont like the SRT-4, too much power in a FWD car just sucks. They are awesome dont get me wrong, buti would go through tires like crazy and lets face it, its a Dodge. I like to go WOT in a car without worrying about lighting them up. Just to clarify, the problem with the Mustang GT was that my brother owned a 97 GT (hes a decent driver) and he struggled to drive it in the rain and stuff like that.

Keep in mind any suggestions have to go through my brother, so nothing crazy. Unfortunatly im not allowed to have a 400awhp GSX : )

Thanks!

ATTENTION POST ******: If you clutter my thread i will be ****ing pissed. Im not kidding, dont even post a joke about it.

Old 09-02-2007, 10:49 PM
Default RE: Car Advice For Me - All Comments Welcome

go with the new lancers IMO a guy bought one and he said it was the best idea he ever had

Old 09-02-2007, 10:56 PM
Banned

Yeah... but thats waaay down on my list. They areslightly more than i want to pay and they are FWD...

Old 09-02-2007, 11:38 PM

DO I even need to tell you my two votes?

............... Evo and or supra MKIV. Just buy my Evo. $23k and insurance I only pay $90 a month for it lol and that is full blown coverage

Old 09-02-2007, 11:41 PM

well get somthin kind of common(if u get a honda im goin down to texas and smackin u) but then go for a toyota celica or a gsx...otgher than that u hvae to go with watever u get

Old 09-02-2007, 11:49 PM

I Like the mazda 3.... they look nice dropped and with some descent rims

Old 09-03-2007, 12:01 AM
Banned

EVO is a little out my price range... but i would love one.

I will take what ever the **** im given lol

Old 09-03-2007, 12:09 AM

Have the powers that be buy you my Evo.... Not that I want to sell it but for some reason I have a feeling you might actually take car of it and not let it become ricer or let it live a bad life. I raced 2 bikes today not sure what they were. one red and one blue. they both wanted to race more than I did so I go up and the blue keep pulling the thorttle and backing off so finally I stuff third at about 65 MPH then pull away from both. with in two sec. the rec blows by but but the blue was struggleing to walk by me. it took him till about 115MPH to finally walk away and I stopped at 120MPH. I hve a feeling he either was not fully on it or he was slowed up because of one car in teh slow lane... either way then were a little surprised and I got multiple thumbs up from them and turns out one is a former Evo owner and member of EvoM and made a post asking Who I was... LMOA maybe well be hanging he has a GSX and a AWD 2G spyder. I have a feeling its a kid I know of named jeff though and a few people I know dont like him,,,,either way Ill get the low down

Old 09-03-2007, 12:30 AM
Banned

Thanks man that means a lot. I highly doubt my brother would settle for it though... would make him VERY nervous. Not to mention he would be the one paying the bills so i have to listen to him. If i had the chance, i would give it a home!

LOL i remember th videos with you keeping up with a couple 600cc bikes. Thats insane dude...

Old 09-03-2007, 12:37 AM

i gave my .02 already lol =D

Quick Reply: Car Advice For Me - All Comments Welcome