Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Car Advice For Me - All Comments Welcome

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 04:50 PM
Default RE: Car Advice For Me - All Comments Welcome

sebba i think your car options are awesome. Most those cars on that list would be great to drive. I know my opinion will probilly not be the most resonable but it would make sence to a person like me. If i were to choose a car for you it would be a 2001 Chevy Comaro LS1. I know you dont like GM, luckily for you comaros and corvettes are just approved by the coperation and are designed and fabricated in a completely diffrent plant. The comaro is stylish, Rear wheel drive ( a big plus for you), you can get them automatic ( which my choice would be) or 6speed. Contrary to popular belief, with tunning and thier 6th gear, their great on gas mileage. With minor work done, and nitrous ( which it can handle alot of) it's easily a ten second car. You constantly sitting on a lot of power and not comprimising power steering or a.c with having a race car. And most of all, thier reliable cars, I've had 8 comaros, 5 daily driven, and i still have the z28 sitting in my garage. If anything does break, thiers a HUGE market for them, so the prices are cheap.

If you like boost, their kenne bell superchargers for them, or a variety of turbos. The possibilities are endless.
That's just my opinion, wether you consider it or not it's up to you. I wish you luck on your first car, hopefully its not a beater like mine was

Gus

Old 09-03-2007, 05:22 PM
Banned

No, i just dont like them. I know the respond well to mods etc... but no. Sorry, they are ugly, bad reputation, interiors look like they where designed by someone with down syndrome and they handle like a ****ing boat (seen it FIRST hand). I forget where i was going but i was with my brother when this jackass in a 2000-2001 TA and he was trying to get to the turn around... came in at a decent speed but nothing too excessive... then suddently he understeered into the curb. Congratulations... GM owns lol.

Good motors... good ideas, poor cars, poorly executed.

Same kinda thing with DSM actually, poor motors, good cars, good ideas, terribly executed. Fortunatly you can overcome the motor part... lol

I love the LS1, i actually went to LS1 Tech to try and learn a little... within a few hours i was frustrated with the ignorant ****** rednecks (only a select few). I couldnt stand to be there.

As for a Vette.... yeah right. Insurance, and my brother would never let me have a high tq RWD car for obvious reasons.. would get sideways waay too much : D

Pretty much RWD cars with a lot of tq in general are out. Due to what i said in my 1st post about the Mustang GT (this is not his only experiance with RWD cars... he owned a Viper)

At this point insurance is whats going to be the deciding factor. I will be 17 by the time i get my lisence, so if anyone knows what the cost of these cars will be (confirmed.. no guesses) for liability please let me know. If its high.... well... dont bother lol.

Old 09-03-2007, 06:02 PM
Banned

Okay what i stated about the insurance up there ^^^ was all information from my brother.

After a little searching on the progressive website i came up with the following:

The cheapest insurance was for.............. DUN DUN DUUUUUN!!...... The Volvo S60. Now, it didnt give the S60R option so.. what ever.

Second was the Golf (only by a few dollars)

Third was the RX8 (again, only by a little)

So, then in terms of price, the RX8 is the far cheaper of the 3 starting at roughly 13k. The S60R goes for about 18k at the very least and if i was to get a Golf it would be a Diesel. The only one i found within 300 miles of me was white and was going for like 17.5k. Thats bull**** if you ask me.

RX8 is looking the better candidate. I would never have guessed.

Old 09-03-2007, 11:15 PM

did you do it through your brother? and also, i use AAA =D,

Old 09-03-2007, 11:46 PM

Remember Sebba, by law any vehicle under a lein must have full coverage insurance.

Old 09-04-2007, 12:00 AM
Banned

Yes sir i realise that.

I think i can handle the 13k RX8.

My brother thinks its a good idea. He said himself, "Look for a car in the 10ish sorta price range" If you ask me 13 is pretty close to ten : )

Old 09-04-2007, 07:35 AM

Fully Built GSX - what exactly does that mean b/c in another thread you said you couldn't have one 400awhp
S2K - rwd, styling, drifting, well build, convertable, decent power for a light/small car
rx8 - hellow 13-14k rpm's, b e a utiful car, rwd, gooood power.

Old 09-04-2007, 07:43 AM

dude your age pwns you... I pay $90 a month for my Evo!!!! and that is full blown coverage too.

On a side note... have you driven an RX8 yet? you might be in for dissapointment. I have driven one it was the most sluggish car in the world didnt move out of its own way untill like 7000RPMs. the interior is nice but small. the car is ok looking overall but a little hint of cheezyness and the power is a JOKE.

Old 09-04-2007, 08:01 AM

after the first 10k miles or so they are like 270whp... how heavy is it? from your description of it ur talkin supra weight. that may be on the insurance note but take this into concideration... ur what? 23? 24? you have already had the 1 full year drivers discount, possible muticardisount and whatever discounts you may have, 21 year old discount... and i think i remember you having a clean record? i mean yea, mine would be that low also lol i priced evo insurance a few months back and it was 180-190/month but after i truned 21 it dropped to like 100-110/month so that's a biggie.

Old 09-04-2007, 08:08 AM

ORIGINAL: RCJr9186

after the first 10k miles or so they are like 270whp... how heavy is it? from your description of it ur talkin supra weight. that may be on the insurance note but take this into concideration... ur what? 23? 24? you have already had the 1 full year drivers discount, possible muticardisount and whatever discounts you may have, 21 year old discount... and i think i remember you having a clean record? i mean yea, mine would be that low also lol i priced evo insurance a few months back and it was 180-190/month but after i truned 21 it dropped to like 100-110/month so that's a biggie.
dude the hP rating on the RX8 is in no way close to accurate. im telling you. a V6 GT eclipse would be just about the smae power which runs like high 14s low 15s. The RX8 feels even slower than that but it hasno nuts no TQ at all. and Im pretty sure they are light car. I mean the RX7 only weight 2700. the motor is only a small 1.3L so it is light on top of the fact they dont have head(s) cams valves ect ect so it should save a few lbs

Quick Reply: Car Advice For Me - All Comments Welcome