Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

DSM Love

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 12:54 AM
Default DSM Love

I didn't know that Eclipse attracts so much attention!! LOL. Anyways, I had about four people today telling me how great of a car I have. The first one was a customer at work who saw me as I pulled into the parking lot. I'd say he was a caucasian in his mid forties. He kept on telling me that I had such a clean GSX and that he had to share the love of the 4g63 with a fellow DSMer. The next guy was some random teenager in a truck on the freeway. I was going to Stockton after work to visit the family heading south on I-5 when a green truck and with two teenager guys pulled next to me. The passenger signaled me to roll down my window. At first I thought he wanted to have a little race because he kept pointing at my car and up ahead so I slowed down. Then I yelled over at him saying "What?! You want to race?!" And he screams over "No, no, I just wanted to tell you that your GSX is awesome! I love it bro!" So I was just like "Yea thanks!" Then when I got home, I decided to wash my car when this guy walked by and yells out, "that's one fine Eclipse you got there bro." After that, I decided to go visit a friend so we can shoot some hoops. When I got there, his sister told me that he went across the street to pay the neighbor for fixing his truck. Then I got a call from him and he tells me to go across the street cause his neighbor wanted to talk to me. Apparently, his neighbor had seen my car a few times when I came over and he wanted to talk to me cause well, he loves the Eclipse! Then I just kind of spent about 30 minutes listening to him talk about my car and his friend's 1G GSX and how great the Eclipse were. Before I left, he gave me his business card and told me to drop by if I ever needed help with the Eclipse cause he owns a shop. Never before have I receive such compliments about my ride in one day!! Gotta love the DSM = D

Old 09-02-2008, 07:09 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: DSM Love

weird....dont think id ever give someone a thumbs up in a 2g since they are a dime a dozen. But i guess if people realize its a gsx.

I love when you hear people talk about your car not knowing you are standing next to them. Had that happen one time when i was in Autozone

Old 09-02-2008, 07:19 AM

I dont get it, it is a DSM lol. I dont even bother looking at them around here cause old people drive them

Old 09-02-2008, 07:24 AM
Banned

Not in all places...

In almost 2 years I can count the DSMs I have seen here on 2 hands.

Old 09-02-2008, 08:08 AM

ORIGINAL: Sebba

Not in all places...

yea that is because you dont have a car. How the hell are you supposed to see DSM when your not even on the road lol. They are freaking everywhere. When I was in FL omfg I hated dsm's so freakin bad cause that is all you see is 2G's on every street. that an mustangs. And even if you only see a small handful , it is still just a DSM?!?!?! they are not that much of an eye catching amazing car to me it is like seeing a civic. it is a car worth like $5000 that all the 16-17 year olds around here drive. I hate to say it but seriously mitsu is turning into the new honda. Everyone is ricing them out, it sucks

Old 09-02-2008, 08:15 AM

haha well maybe because all you see here everyday are civics and sti's. i haven't seen much eclipse and when i do, they look fugly compare to mines.

Old 09-02-2008, 10:43 AM

X2 true... car enthusiats will always flatter a car that has been taken good care of!

Old 09-02-2008, 11:06 AM
Super Moderator

1gens are rare to see in my area, expecially a panda.

Old 09-02-2008, 04:21 PM

clean cars get the attention yes. I guess it is nice to just see a non riced out 2g for once maybe??

Old 09-02-2008, 05:30 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

ORIGINAL: Sebba

Not in all places...

yea that is because you dont have a car. How the hell are you supposed to see DSM when your not even on the road lol. They are freaking everywhere. When I was in FL omfg I hated dsm's so freakin bad cause that is all you see is 2G's on every street. that an mustangs. And even if you only see a small handful , it is still just a DSM?!?!?! they are not that much of an eye catching amazing car to me it is like seeing a civic. it is a car worth like $5000 that all the 16-17 year olds around here drive. I hate to say it but seriously mitsu is turning into the new honda. Everyone is ricing them out, it sucks
Not here dude.

Can you just perhaps be open minded to the fact that you might not know everything? lol

Quick Reply: DSM Love