Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

DSM Love

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 04:52 PM
Default RE: DSM Love

^ I highly disagree with that comment. Being someone who has owned both I can tell you for sure they most certainly know what a supra is and they get freaking stupid when they see it, you dont have the slightest clue trust me. Im sure TheEngineer can attest as he has owned a DSM and has also been in my supra quite a bit.

Old 09-03-2008, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: blue450yo

Half the ricers in the world cant even tell the differance between a supra and eclipse.
there would have to be some REALLY REALLY big morons to not tell the difference between an eclipse and a supra. They look absolutely nothing alike. And i have never ever heard someone mistake an eclipse for a supra. Not to mention if you read the kids post, all of the complements that he was getting about his car were mentioning the fact that it was a GSX.

Old 09-03-2008, 05:04 PM

Not even the fact that they look different, but the fact of the attention the supra gets is NOTHING in comparison to any DSM not to cocky or anything but in all seriousness people get out of controll when they see my car alot of times you cant do anything but scratch your head and say what the hell just happend

Old 09-03-2008, 05:58 PM

Hey I'm going by whats on youtube, myspace and photobucket. Theirs a bunch of eclipses and supras mislabled on youtube and photobucket and theirs been 4 people that sent me mesages on myspace saying nice supra when I have a eclipse.

Like this right here took me 30 secs to find one mislabled

LABLED Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y27...o5/eclipse.jpg

From the back and side theeclipses and supraslook nothing a like butI coud see some onewho dont know muchmixing upa supra andeclipse. From certain front angles it would be easy for some one that dont know much to mistake em cause the fronts on em both are shaped some what a like.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e1...123/toyota.jpg
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...9498-Supra.jpg

Old 09-03-2008, 06:32 PM

Ok and go look how many dodge intrepids are called eclipses. Ive see that a million times yet do they really look alike at all? Im telling you from personal experience that people react MUCH MUCH different to a supra versus a DSM. you obviously have no clue what it is like to be in or around a supra in public for a long extent of time. I have had people literally come to a complete stop on a 50 MPH main highway. I have had people climb out of there windows while driving to turn and look. I have had someone follow me home for about 35 mins at midnight just to ask about the car, I have had a couple of kids stop at the house and try to buy it. I get stopped at least 5 times to answer questions every time I drive the car not to mention that I get offers to buy it every single time someone asks about the car (no lie). I have had people randomly pullup and whip out a camera and take like 10 pics of the car while driving this happens at least once while driving the car each weekend. I have hadpeople film me while driving on a couple occasions. while this stuff happens in a DSM imagine it like 100x worse that is how it is in a supra. Its like your driving a damn ferarri. My GF is like WTF is with people lol. Your drivng a stupid toyota why is everyone so crazy. SHe actually gets kinda sick of people cause it is annoying at times

Old 09-03-2008, 09:26 PM

intrepids and stratuses feel like eclipses though, just the fact that theyre way bigger.. a friend of mine has a stratus and it felt like an eclipse when i was riding in it idk something about it made me make the comparison.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:23 AM

they are the same car. the stratus and 3G eclipse share the same engines and interiors , But I have seen some of them listed for sale as eclipses.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:13 AM

i can see an avenger getting mistaken for an eclipse... it's the most similar outside and has exactly the same interior... but other than that i dunno

Old 09-04-2008, 08:41 AM

I know, The sad thing is I have seen the intrepid mistake for a 2g a number of times.

Old 09-04-2008, 10:13 PM

Lol, it must suck getting all that attention. It is, however, a nice car that isn't really around anymore. I actually pretty much just posted this topic to give out a "some people at least appreciates the DSMs" kind of feel since I've heard lots of negative things about them. But hey, a nice car is a nice car = D (except the ones with two-toned unpainted body kits that are messed up and and the cars with a spoiler that won't be able to make it through the garage o.O)

Quick Reply: DSM Love