Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Evo VS Cop Car

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 09:46 PM
Default Evo VS Cop Car

I was just wondering would a stock Evo be able to out run a cop car i'm just curious cause with there power and there speed thanks?

Old 09-26-2006, 10:58 PM
Default RE: Evo VS Cop Car

The 06 Crown Vics are only 250HP in the Police Interceptor package, but I'd guess torque is about 300- not sure though. They are pretty heavy but are made to cruise, not be a quarter mile star. You would stand much less a chance of outrunning the Hemi Chargers that are becoming more and more common. The most important thing to remember that you can never outrun the Motorola or the Helicopter
You also need to remember that the police are trained in high speed pursuits, so I hope you have plenty of driving experience with your car. I have to ask---why do you want to know if an EVO will outrun a cop car?

Old 09-26-2006, 11:03 PM

Are the Charger's the cops use Hemi's? Do they even make a non-Hemi Charger? For some reason I thought they did... Anywho, yeah, Vics are dogs from the get go but higher speeds is where they excel. I really wouldn't try it if you are thinking of pulling a bankjob or something man lol

Old 09-27-2006, 12:14 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Lancer06

I was just wondering would a stock Evo be able to out run a cop car i'm just curious cause with there power and there speed thanks?

No, because they have this Awesome mod called a radio!

Old 09-27-2006, 12:21 AM

ORIGINAL: NESpeed

ORIGINAL: Lancer06

No, because they have this Awesome mod called a radio!
I wasnt even gonna bother posting here because it is just a retarded question. if raced in a 1\4 yes the EVO would but I mean come on now are you that retarded??

Old 09-27-2006, 12:28 AM

dont i remember someone from these forums sayin they just raced a uc cop and got busted for it?? i am certain this is where i heard it but i forget who it was

Old 09-27-2006, 12:30 AM

yes that was here he was in a non turbo 3000gt and beat the cop but got busted (he didnt knoe it was a cop)

Old 09-27-2006, 12:33 AM

lmao, thats funny as hell. do you remember who that was?

Old 09-27-2006, 12:37 AM

ORIGINAL: estraw

lmao, thats funny as hell. do you remember who that was?
yes I know who it was but I am not going to say because he is a somewhat active member here and I dont want to start anything. I think he got flammed enough for it but if he wishes to reveal himself he can do so.

We will see im sure someone esle will say it but it wont be me

Old 09-27-2006, 12:38 AM

Well to answer your answer I wanted to know my buddy and I were just talking about the Evos and then were talking what they could out run and what not and we brought up cops and he didn't think so, so I just brought the question on here to get more of real answer sounds like they can do the job but yeah better be a good damn driver. Ohh yeah EMonz57 dude I wasn't even talking about racing a cop in a race talking about out running if you decided to run from them if they were gonna pull you over but yeah the Evos are damn nice cars thinking about trading my ES for one sometime soon

Quick Reply: Evo VS Cop Car