Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/off-topic-7/)
-   -   The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/off-topic-7/fast-furious-tokyo-drift-9156/)

Silvertooth 03-17-2006 10:47 PM

The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift

Well here it is, the third installment of The Fast and the Furious series. Watch it. Then vote and comment.

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/thef...okyodrift.html

What do you think?

TheAdvocate 03-17-2006 11:02 PM

RE: The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift

Finally Paul Walker isnt in one.. It may be good with his absence.

I only watched the first ones for the cars that were in them... I havnt cared for the story lines, and i thought the acting was terrible.

Silvertooth 03-17-2006 11:54 PM

For serious, man. It's ALL about the cars, lol.

slow420a 03-18-2006 12:04 AM

well, the driving looks aweseom, it actually shows wrecks that are nasty as hell... which kinda shows that if you drive like a retarted you will become one, but some of the stunts are still kinda gay... I guess its a wait and see movie.

*~Daaaamn~* 03-18-2006 01:50 AM

ok...you can't make a fast and furious movie without paul walker and vin diesel...not happening....

and i am STILL pissed off about the chicks in these god damn movies...the're called CLOTHS for god sakes...

also....they just HAD to throw a redneck in there didn't they...

okee i'm done:D

TheEngineer 03-18-2006 02:04 PM

i think this might actually be not bad. There seems to be an actual good story line. I think i detected some ammerican cars in there though. Thats expensive to get those over sees. Kinda like getting a skyline in F&F 2;)

Silvertooth 03-18-2006 02:16 PM

Haha.

Well my biggest issue with the movie is that it is hard to make a completely different story line without making up for it. See, as bad as people may have thought the first two movies were, they had plots that were connected to each other, which brought a sense of building climax and completion to it. The first movie had a set of excellent characters, the second branched out a bit more following the original character.

The problem is that this movie carries the name of a movie with a sequel that are connected together, and this movie is out there on its own. No original characters. The first two are like bacon and eggs together. This should have been the waffles. Instead it is going to be like a cheeseburger, something that definitely doesn't go with the others unless you got some seriously ****ed up taste buds.

On it's own, it is going to be a very good movie I think. But it is going to be a little wierd being the sequel to two movies without being a sequel. Without any of the original characters, it is going to kind of feel like the uncle no one talks about at the family gathering.

I'm just saying. I know I am going to love it, but still.

92_laser 03-18-2006 02:58 PM

ORIGINAL: Silvertooth

The first two are like bacon and eggs together. This should have been the waffles. Instead it is going to be like a cheeseburger, something that definitely doesn't go with the others unless you got some seriously ****ed up taste buds.

I concur....

EMonz57 03-18-2006 03:11 PM

the 1st to had nothing but terrible acting in it... 90% of the cast members cant act... I mean mono tone paul walker and vin deasil. This one branching away will make it better than the first 2 I think.

The story line was so setup and stupid in the past 2 even if they attached together. all those movies were made for were ricers to go waiste $9 for a movie ticket and then get pulled over after tehy leave. Because everyone who saw either of them in theatres know when you left there was ALOT of tires spinning racing reving and all that going on right after. (sadly I did go see them in theatres lol)

TheEngineer 03-18-2006 06:10 PM

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

the 1st to had nothing but terrible acting in it... 90% of the cast members cant act... I mean mono tone paul walker and vin deasil. This one branching away will make it better than the first 2 I think.

The story line was so setup and stupid in the past 2 even if they attached together. all those movies were made for were ricers to go waiste $9 for a movie ticket and then get pulled over after tehy leave. Because everyone who saw either of them in theatres know when you left there was ALOT of tires spinning racing reving and all that going on right after. (sadly I did go see them in theatres lol)
yea i remember going to see the 2nd one. Wow those where the bad old days, haha