Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
Wait until more were released for an affordable price.
68.75%
Pay the markup price.
6.25%
All around just dumb.
25.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Game Systems?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 10:51 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Game Systems?

Well looks like I'm gettin a Wii for a REALLY good price!!! Though I'm actually thinking about ditchin my PSP. I almost NEVER play it anymore (I play the DS more GAWD that Advance Wars DS is ADDICTING AND challenging!). I also have a 360 at my place and really don't play it too often either. I work and go to school too much to do that lol.

Old 12-15-2006, 10:25 AM

ORIGINAL: jlh077464

**** on the psp!...I LIKE...lol.....and the psp picks up a wireless signal better than my laptop!....I'ts just an all around good system.. I don think ive ever seen or even heard of a Sega Nomad?
The Sega Nomad, lol, good times with that during deployments.
Here's an article of old handhelds and comparing their sizes to the newer Ngage... http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/featu...stmas_Past.php

Not to mention, I also had the Game Gear from SEGA too.

The cool thing about the Nomad is that it can connect to the TV so that you can watch and play it on a bigger screen and you can connect an external game pad, something I wish the PSP had as an option, then it would really be portable! It was basically the Sega Genesis console made into a handheld console. The same cartridges were even used between the two.

Old 12-15-2006, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator

Oh yea i used to have that ****ty game gear that didnt have a back light so if you didnt play in an area with shade then you couldnt see the screen

Old 12-18-2006, 10:44 PM

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

Oh yea i used to have that ****ty game gear that didnt have a back light so if you didnt play in an area with shade then you couldnt see the screen
Are you sure? I could have sworn that it had backlighting too. I know I hated the gameboy (the first) because it wasn't backlit, but I could have sworn that the GameGear was. Hell, it's been so long, I don't remember, lol.

Old 12-18-2006, 10:47 PM

Hey TE, it was. I just read the stats of it on the site.
Sega's Game GearBy 1991 there were few companies out there who could stand against Nintendo in video gaming. In fact there was really only one, and that was Sega. Despite the pretty broad failure of their Master System, Sega persevered and released the Sega Genesis (Mega Drive if you've got culture). When it surprised many and started to take off Sega decided it was time to parlay their success and follow Nintendo into portables. They recycled the architecture of their Master System, fit it to a decent screen, and the Game Gear was born.
Pros[ul][*]Backlit Color Screen (One of the biggest of it's age)[*]Powerful[*]Killers Apps[*]Strong Brand Name[*]Recycled an Architecture Developers Were Familiar With
[/ul]

Old 12-18-2006, 11:08 PM

ORIGINAL: EMonz57
that game might as well be called fast and the furious. It is so far from being realistic its not even fun. It really is just a ricer pleaser and that is about it
You know when you can mod a corvette to be the fastest car in the entire world that the game is lacking realism. But hey, I had fun with it.

Old 12-18-2006, 11:11 PM

ORIGINAL: silvercoupe97

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

Are you sure? I could have sworn that it had backlighting too. I know I hated the gameboy (the first) because it wasn't backlit, but I could have sworn that the GameGear was. Hell, it's been so long, I don't remember, lol.
It was backlit! That was it's best feature. The kid was smoking crack when he said it didn't.

Old 12-19-2006, 11:11 AM
Super Moderator

all i remember is that if there was too much light i couldnt see ****

Old 12-19-2006, 08:40 PM
Super Moderator

W00T I got the Wii!!! And YES the Game Gear was backlit (I still have mine AND a battery pack for it).

Old 12-19-2006, 10:59 PM

ORIGINAL: Sanguinius

W00T I got the Wii!!! And YES the Game Gear was backlit (I still have mine AND a battery pack for it).
Ha! That's awesome, how do you like the Wii?
I wish I had kept my GameGear and Nomad. I gave them to my nephews though. Man, they didn't last long either
I should have kept them and sold them on ebay in 5 years, lol.

Quick Reply: Game Systems?