Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ideas?? Trade the EVO!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 04:49 AM
Default RE: Ideas?? Trade the EVO!!!

[/quote]
I think it's safe to say two things:
1. You don't like F-Body GM's
2. Value is in the eye of the beholder.

Your EVO cost roughly $20K plus your mods correct? Why is it sad that your car with mods can post a 1/4 mile slip a second slower than a stock GM "big ugly massive boat"? I don't care to try and change your mind, You may not like them but they are a pretty good setup.
On a seperate note, I'd grab the Supra that's available with the Auto trans, you may not even have a good chance at the one in the back yard and this one may disappear. If the other one becomes available, I'm sure you could sell the auto trans Supra, but this way you are guaranteed a Supra.
[/quote]

that about the slips is true...but remember your also comparing his 2 liter engine to the giagantic V8 thats under the hood of a trans am...the TA is a boat compared to an evo lol

anyway...i wouldnt advise the auto supra...just becuase i really dont think you would like it after owning an insanely fast manual car like your evo...all the people i know that own manual trans sports cars wouldnt even think of ever getting an automatic car...in fact, not getting a stick shift car is one of my biggest regrets becuase all i hear about is how much more fun they are to drive...

i dunno if it is really the case or not...but it seems to me like you really just want to get rid of the evo while you can still get a good cut of money out of it and try something new....but in any case i would keep looking around if i were you...there are bound to be more supras out there for sale, its just a matter of finding them lol....keep looking around youll find one you like eventually

Old 06-20-2006, 10:13 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: DeathCabForCutie

anyway...i wouldnt advise the auto supra...just becuase i really dont think you would like it after owning an insanely fast manual car like your evo...all the people i know that own manual trans sports cars wouldnt even think of ever getting an automatic car...in fact, not getting a stick shift car is one of my biggest regrets becuase all i hear about is how much more fun they are to drive...

i dunno if it is really the case or not...but it seems to me like you really just want to get rid of the evo while you can still get a good cut of money out of it and try something new....but in any case i would keep looking around if i were you...there are bound to be more supras out there for sale, its just a matter of finding them lol....keep looking around youll find one you like eventually
Well the supra that he was looking at will already be at least a 1/2 sec faster. And with a supra i dont think its a car that you need the manual to have fun. All you have to do is take of the targa top and watch everyones face when you drive by . The only reason he was really contemplating doing this is becuase this car is really cheap. Most supra's with these mods you are looking at around 30k

Old 06-20-2006, 04:19 PM

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

ORIGINAL: DeathCabForCutie

Well the supra that he was looking at will already be at least a 1/2 sec faster. And with a supra i dont think its a car that you need the manual to have fun. All you have to do is take of the targa top and watch everyones face when you drive by . The only reason he was really contemplating doing this is becuase this car is really cheap. Most supra's with these mods you are looking at around 30k
lol yea that is true too....i dont know if im being too nosy by asking this question since you dont wanna tell us the approximate price.. but when you say really cheap do you mean in the 10 - 20 K price range???

jus a question for emonz to answer..this is kinda off topic but ...what the hell did that chick trade in for after owning something like that supra???

Old 06-20-2006, 06:08 PM
Super Moderator

here is the funny thing the girl traded in the supra to get an EVO

Old 06-20-2006, 07:48 PM

Damn she should have called Emonz they could have traded!!

Old 06-21-2006, 12:36 AM

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

here is the funny thing the girl traded in the supra to get an EVO

hoooolllyyy ****....LOL....***gasp*** THE IRONY!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-30-2006, 01:32 AM

so in my absence mike.. whats going on with the evo and the two supras?