Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Josh's Tibby Defense

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 08:37 PM
Default RE: Josh's Tibby Defense

badass!

Old 07-31-2007, 12:30 AM

Yeah... haha i wouldnt attempt to do that, hahaha tranny swap would be a completeme mess on my rs not to mention not cost effective hahaha imma gonna go for the looks anyways

Old 07-31-2007, 07:08 AM

i said the same thing TheAdvocate.... yes it is one of a kind and superbad but i was expecting higher numbers and lower times also. but i'm sure w/ a rebuild and upped boost he's be a freakin beast!

Old 07-31-2007, 08:34 AM

I think that if he gets rid of the supercharger, he would gain more HP and would allow him to turn up the turbo to more than 13psi. The only way that I can see him getting more topend is by having that supercharger flow more than the turbo just so the SC doesn't become the bottleneck for the intake or remove it altogether. It seems asinine to have both on any car. Then to have a SC on a FWD .... He'd have to drive around with slicks just to keep from going through tires in a months time.
Don't get me wrong, the setup is badass just looking at it, but...I don't see the appeal in the dual setup.

IMO, cars should go turbo especially FWD cars..even RWD. An SC is for burnouts and burnouts only pollute the air [sm=smiley36.gif]

Old 07-31-2007, 05:00 PM

ya x2.. I like the idea that hes going for, and it sounds cool... But the reality of it would be like throwing a twin turbo on a dsm... Its just stupid..

Old 08-01-2007, 12:14 PM

but if you had the money would you do it? i'm one of those guys who likes to be different. if i had the money i'd twincharge or twin turbo a DSM in a HEARBEAT just b/c nobody has it. i'd still be able to put down an easy 600whp. TRUE that it would cost a couple grand more BUT.... in MYit would be worth it just to sayi had it.

Old 08-01-2007, 04:53 PM

Have you seen that video of the twin turbo eclipse? The thing was slow.. I would rather just put a big single turbo on there and be running better #'s then to be able to say I have a slow twin turbo dsm..

But If I had a lot of money to do something stupid, I would prolly turbo charge a better car like an infinity g35 coupe or something..