Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/off-topic-7/)
-   -   my dream came true (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/off-topic-7/my-dream-came-true-23847/)

atown420 12-03-2007 11:38 AM

my dream came true

LOOK AT THIS 30 miles from my house and its low mileage he says clean title. i dont know what could be wrong. he says it drives and works perfect no damages. its not a regular lancer is it. it doesnt look like it to me. what do you guys think
Evo

Sebba 12-03-2007 11:57 AM

RE: my dream came true

That smells worse than 3 week old soiled dipers.....

TheEngineer 12-03-2007 11:57 AM

Can you say SCAM!! :D

atown420 12-03-2007 12:05 PM

you guys think so? you guys think its a different car? or something i thought it was to good to be true

TheEngineer 12-03-2007 12:10 PM

im sure thecar is for sale. Just not for that price. What these scammers do is they find nice cars online and steal the info and pictures. Then post if for sale somewhere else, usually ebay, however they used autotrader here. And then put it cheaper so people who dont know any better will look. Then when you contact them he'll give some story about being oversees or something and he has to ship the car. Then he'll tell you about shipping it to you and that he'll want some upfront cost. It varies at this point. I dont remember the exact details of the scams but its something along these lines usually. There is always some weird story in the begining

estraw 12-03-2007 12:11 PM

if its only 30 miles from you, go check it out for yourself. but ya that definately sounds like a scam.

atown420 12-03-2007 12:34 PM

te your exactly right he said he will ship it to me which doesnt really matter since we are so close but he wants 3000 up front refundable deposit or something like that. i tried to call him and of course the cell number doesnt work. so i am very afraid of being scammed

atown420 12-03-2007 12:42 PM

well guys thanks for saving me more time and money too. and thanks for the timely responses

atown420 12-03-2007 12:49 PM

this is what he wrote me it looks like it might not be a scam what do you guys think?

Hello there,
Thank you for your interest in my 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan. The price I want to obtain for the car is $10,700 US (this price includes shipping and insurance charges).
The car is like new, completely working, perfect running condition,with no hidden damages or accidents,it has always been garage kept, low miles, non-smoker no flood or storms. The car is insured in case of damage and you will receive it to your address in 5 working days . It will come with all the necessary papers (clear title, bill of sale, warranty documents, user's manual,insurance etc). The title is clear and you will be able to register the car in your state without any problems.
I am requesting a $3,000 refundable deposit at the beginning of the shipping and the balance to be paid after delivery and inspection. If you are not 100% content with the car you will be able to ship it back on my expense to get your deposit back. I am sure this will not happen, because it is a state of the art vehicle and you will have no reasons not to be content with it.
We will use Autotrader as third party. First you will pay the down payment to Autotrader and you will send the receipt proving your payment to Autotrader. Please note that Autotrader will hold your deposit of $3,000 until you will confirm that you received the car and you transferred the title into your name.
If you agree with these terms, please send me your full name, home and shipping address so I can register the transaction with Autotrader asap.

...waiting for your fast answer, Daniel Lewis.

dsm1990gsx 12-03-2007 01:18 PM

Cough!...bull ****.