Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Patriots/Colts Game

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator
Default Patriots/Colts Game

Ok well ill get the first part over with....PATS WON!! [sm=groupwave.gif][sm=happy046.gif]

Now onto the aftermath. I have been reading and hearing alot of reports now about the game and it is "rumored" that the Colts used either fake croud noise of some method to project the croud noise though the sound system in order to make the noise from the croud appear louder. This in turn made the total volume to almost 30% louder than normal in order to distract the Pats Offense. Here is my sources:
http://www.ogpaper.com/news/news-01229.html<<this also has a sound clip
Then here is a quote from one mans opinion

The Colts have microphones placed in locations around the stadium. They are probably somewhere in the domed ceiling. They would be directional shotgun mics and aimed at the crowd. They would be best aimed at the top half of the seating so as not to pick up any field noise. When the opposing team is on offense and before the play starts when the QB is calling signals, the house, (Colt's), engineer turns up these mics and feeds them through the stadium's sound system. This is much better than pre-recorded crowd noise because it is a perfect audible match to the environment and there are no recordings of crowd noise to get busted with.

What happened tonight was the engineer turned up the mics too much. This caused the mics to pick up the sound eminating from the stadiums sound system, (the amplified crowd noise), as well as the natural crowd noise. The result is a feedback loop. As this loop continues to cycle through the mics and speakers oscillation occurs. This was described as the skipping sound. At this point the feedback is full bandwidth. This means that all of the frequencies being reproduced by the system were present in the loop. If you listen carefully to the recording you will hear a midrange frequency starting to become predominant. It sounded like something between 600hz and 800hz was starting to take off. At this point the engineer became aware of his error and shut off the mics. That was the abrupt drop in volume that is also on the recording on the PFT site.

If this was an accident with one of the ref's mics, field noise would have been pumped through the system such as player's voices. So I don't think that this a possibility anymore.

I'm practically positive that the Colts were up to no good. Any audio engineer with a half of brain will recognize that sound. That includes the multitude of engineers on NFL payroll. I doubt anything will come of it. It would be a massive scandal for the league's pretty boy team and a member of the CC. We'll see what Goodell is made of now. He'd have to have the stadium physically inspected and chances are that the mics are removed after any games. What is good is that Goodell and others will now be listening more intently and this may be enough to make Polian back off and stop using them. IMO the Colts are cheaters."

Old 11-05-2007, 02:59 PM
Default RE: Patriots/Colts Game

YAY PATS!!!!![sm=icon_cheers.gif][sm=icon_guiness.gif][sm=icon_guiness.gif][sm=icon_guiness.gif][sm=icon_guiness.gif][sm=icon_guiness.gif]

Old 11-05-2007, 05:27 PM

this thread is gay.... WHO CARES. did the noise win the game for the colts, NO. So who really cares? not me lol.

Old 11-05-2007, 08:26 PM
Super Moderator

i just think its stupid that they figured they needed it. Its as dumb as the pats doing the spying signals. Its not necessary. So why do it? I just feel its alittle unsportsman like

Old 11-05-2007, 08:33 PM

I just dont like the pats.. Did you see harrison spike the ball on the colts helmet at the 50 yardline.. Uncalled for! Im not a big colts fan, but the pats did something similar when they played the chargers, and LT called them out on it.. I think someone should call them out on this incident as well. I hope the pats get there *** handed to them before the end of the year..

Old 11-05-2007, 08:41 PM
Super Moderator

actually it wasnt harrison, it was colvin and i agree with you. It was a pretty stupid thing to do. I didnt really agree with a couple things that colvin did in that game.

Old 11-05-2007, 08:57 PM

i generally dont follow sprts at all...i follow racing mostly but thats just BS what he did

Old 11-05-2007, 09:54 PM

Colvin did the spike yes.... But you also need to know colvin grew up a colts fan that being his home town. I think it had more to do with that. where as Hobbs last year at SD was completely ignorant. I mean lets not talk about TO doing that in dallas when he played in SF that is by far worse.

You cant hate the pats because of the coach which to me seems like its always the case. Doesnt change the fact that Brady is one of the best all time and he is proving it. Along with alot of the other talent on the team regaurdless the coach you can lose to many. Some of the acts of a small handfull of the players are no more egotistical than TO, chad johnson or any of the other big mouth show boaters in the league. only difference is chads team sucks this year. Doesnt change the fact he is a great player.

The pats are a good team. they deserve everything they are bringing to themselves. I think everyone wants to hate the pats more so because they are always a superbowl contendor as of recent years. Its like dallas when they were good int he 90s I hated them so badly and now im a dallas fan. and I hated dallas for one reason. Michael Ivin was a tool and did stupid things much like some guys on the pats do

Old 11-06-2007, 08:22 PM

Its funny how the Pats got busted earlier in the year for cheating, so now they go and point the blame finger.

F-ucking yank's

Old 11-06-2007, 08:37 PM

Either way, that crap should be tolerated.. I dont like TO eitehr b/c of the crap hes pulled.. Hes a good player but he doesnt need to disrespect.. Moss is a great reciever.. Prolly 1 of the best ever, but he is usually quiet and doesnt do stupid stuff to make people hate him..

Quick Reply: Patriots/Colts Game