Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

PooT's New Ride!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 04:09 AM
Default PooT's New Ride!!

As all you DSM owners know owning a DSM is very expensive. So because of college funds and a drained bank account i sold my eclipse. :-( i'll live though

I'm joining Engineer in the toyota drivers woot
http://a579.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...6ed0375e22.jpg

Old 12-20-2006, 08:14 AM
Default RE: PooT's New Ride!!

Toyota reliabliy rules.

Did you ever get those shaft gaskets for the DSM and try them?

Old 12-20-2006, 10:30 AM
Super Moderator

uh oh...toyota car reliability=awesome, but toyota truck reliability=not that great. From what ive heard and from experience those toyota 4x4's can get quite a few problems with rusting especially in the brake lines and fuel lines. My father has the exact truck you have sitting in the yard because he still has to replace the entire fuel tank, fuel pump, and fuel lines. And when he first bought the truck he has to replace some brake lines. But other than that the engine runs really good for the miles it has. It was alittle bit of a gas guzzler. But thats to be expected.

Old 12-20-2006, 11:03 AM
Banned

Toyota pickups last for ever... simple as that really. Thats bad *** man. Hope it all works out

Old 12-20-2006, 03:29 PM

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

uh oh...toyota car reliability=awesome, but toyota truck reliability=not that great. From what ive heard and from experience those toyota 4x4's can get quite a few problems with rusting especially in the brake lines and fuel lines. My father has the exact truck you have sitting in the yard because he still has to replace the entire fuel tank, fuel pump, and fuel lines. And when he first bought the truck he has to replace some brake lines. But other than that the engine runs really good for the miles it has. It was alittle bit of a gas guzzler. But thats to be expected.
its in cali im sure its fine compaired to your dads snow driven truck

Old 12-20-2006, 05:02 PM

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

, but toyota truck reliability=not that great.

Not true. Ibought an 87 4x4 toyota for a thousand bucks, had it for a year, and never did anything but replace a water pump. But it started up every single time ive ever wanted it to.

Old 12-20-2006, 06:23 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: EMonz57
its in cali im sure its fine compaired to your dads snow driven truck
thats true . His looks in much better shape than my fathers anyway. So what are the plans for the future?

Old 12-20-2006, 08:37 PM

future...not too many plans.
I was talking to Jeff over AIM last night and he told me about kits they make that I could drop a Chevy 350 engine into my bay. If i had the money, i'd def start looking into that.
The only problems w/ the truck that i've found is it had 2 leaky seals that are leak a little oil, the Alternator needs to be replaced, and the windshield has a nice crack in it. Other than that the truck is very solid.
Though they are slow as crap though. LOL. little 4 banger trucks are awesome though.

I love the locking differential it has. I was reading reviews and if I can't get somewhere with my 4x4, then not many other cars can (exclueding the hummer and any other modified truck built for such a thing). I'm excited because i'll be living in NorCal (going to school in Sonoma) where there Ski Slopes are 2 hours away at most. woot!

Old 12-20-2006, 11:42 PM

well did you ever try the throttle shaft rings on the Eclipse??

Old 12-21-2006, 01:12 AM

does it have a hemi?

Quick Reply: PooT's New Ride!!