Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Possible First Car

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 10:04 PM
Banned
Default Possible First Car

Okay guys heres the story, i started dating this chick, and it turns out her dad has a red 1991 (not positive) Miata with only 75k on it. The car is missing the A/C (how much would a replacement be?) the radio doesnt really work, and the air bag light is flashing. Now, i know its homo as hell, but just bare with me.

Just between us forum folks, last Saturday i worked on her car (changed plugs, reset ecu, etc...) and we were talking about the Miata and he just asks me of i want to drive it round the block. So i told him "I dont actually have my lisence yet" and he replied "Oh just take it round the block".So as not to be rude lol, i did. He let me drive it without him in the car, just me and his daughter.

Needless to say i had a ****ing BLAST with it.It was FUN as ***** let me tell you. It reminded me of my karting days...I had the biggest smile on my face. The only complaint i had, is the space, and the brakes felt a little spongy and vague, and it could do just fine without power steering.

Anyways, i was just wondering what you guys thought about it. I know its homo as hell... but i never realised they drove that well. Im also curious as to what the actual value of the car is, keeping those minor issues in mind.

So whatcha think?!

Old 10-17-2007, 10:10 PM
Default RE: Possible First Car

sounds pretty good to me. also seeing that u want a car and dont have one. not sure but i think an AC would cost around 700-1000 just a rough area of wut i think unless you do the labor urself. my neighbor has a miata and loves it so i guess it would be a good car

Old 10-17-2007, 10:10 PM

Just kbb it and find out the retail value. I have never been a big fan of the older miatas, the newer ones dont bug me to much. But hey if the price is right and you enjoy the car, i say go for it.

Old 10-17-2007, 10:12 PM

I dont think the ac would be that much, but it does depend on what needs to be replaced. Now when you sayits missing the ac do you mean it doesnt work, or is not in the car.

Old 10-17-2007, 10:15 PM

well the brake things is proly ****ty fluid or lines. I think they're cool cars, anything thats rwd is a tup in my book lol

Old 10-17-2007, 10:17 PM

the miatas arent bad..my gma had an early 90s model convertable and looked real good and was a quick little car..not much room of course..but lightwieght and its your first car..go for it if everything lines up to be cost worthy..

Old 10-17-2007, 10:17 PM
Banned

The A/C was never installed, according to him. Granted, the guy is 50 something and isnt that car literate... and bought it from a chick. Its possible it just needs a little TLC. Although i would have no clue how to find out if it it actually does have A/C installed.

The KBB says like 2600...

Old 10-17-2007, 10:19 PM

If he is selling it around that price than its doesnt sound like a bad deal at all. Who the hell needs ac in a convertable anyways.

Old 10-17-2007, 10:21 PM
Banned

^^ thats what im thinkin lol. He hasnt really set a price. He just wants the cash because all the car ever does is sit.

Old 10-17-2007, 10:23 PM

You'd be a fool to pass on it.
Miata's are excellent cars, and especially with that mileage you're in good.

Quick Reply: Possible First Car