Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

sick ass garage

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 10:39 AM
Default RE: sick *** garage

ORIGINAL: silvercoupe97

I'm not jealous that they have money. If I had that amount of money, I surely wouldn't have 4 Lambos and a lift to store 2 of them. Most people would call that a waste of money. One Lambo, I can see and understand. Two is fine too, but 4?!! That's a lot of frivolous spending. I bet that lift cost as much as a home.

Being rich puts people on another level of stupid.

having 4 lambos is an investment because the value doesnt drop all that much and those were not all new models 2 of those were older ones (collectables by now)

and i'd much rather have 4 lambos and an OK house then have 4 DSMs and an OK house....

Old 10-25-2008, 05:38 PM

Id much rather have onereally nice house than have 4 of the same way over priced cars and a ok house.

Thats like haveing 4 supras and living in a apartment complex to me lol.

Old 10-25-2008, 06:13 PM

you can live in a car, but you can't drive a house

Old 10-25-2008, 06:57 PM

why on earth would you think lambo's are overpriced?

Old 10-25-2008, 11:56 PM

ORIGINAL: sk8dudety

or different level of taste... a lot of people would say it was a waste of time and money to do the swap ya did on ur avenger lol, a lot of people have different tastes, if the people have the money, i say why the hell not
True. True, but my swap cost me as much as it would to just go out and buy a GSX. The difference is that my car was well taken care of...and that was with a 6 bolt swap. So, in a sense, I bought a GSX in very good condition

why on earth would you think lambo's are overpriced?
BMWs, Mercedes, even Audis are overpriced because of the import tax. Supercars are exotic imports to us, they are overpriced, there's no way around that part. They are overpriced for what they are...4 wheels, a motor, and chassis. It's a "supercar" and like all supercars, they are overpriced. They use the same relays, circuit boards, and other hardware that other makes use, but are stamped with a well known name. Look at the Ford GT. It's overpriced and it's a Domestic! Don't get me wrong, supercars are awesome, but like you said, it's not my cup of tea. I like cars one can drive, lol.
I agree with Mike. To me a Lambo is a status quo, same with Ferrari, or Bugati. I feel that they are a waste of money because most just collect dust and are more of a collector's items than man's car of cars. The owners are so afraid to drive them. That's not a car, that's a toy...a toy that should be shrunk down to fit on a shelf.

Seriously, if you guys had one, you would drive it only a few times a year because they are so expensive to work on and to get anything fixed on them, but if you had the money...and those guys do, then why wouldn't the owner(s) drive it like a daily driver? I think that's the part that gets me. If you have it, why not flaunt it? If you have the money, getting a ding or a dent should ding or dent your wallet. Drive the bitch, I say! That's all.

Old 10-26-2008, 02:32 AM

i totally agree, i wouldnt buy anything i couldnt drive... other than my gsx, but i'll be driving that as soon as it's running haha... but i view a supra the same way i view a ferrari, obviously two totally different classes of cars, but still overpriced in my book. see mike you're looking at a ferrari the same way i look at your supra... i can't imagine spending 30 something thousand bucks for a 15+ years old, buts that's because of my budget and my income. to you it seems much more tangible to spend that money on the supra cause you can afford it more than i can. and there's plenty of guys that buy supras and keep them in a garage to show them off. a lambo or ferrari is just a couple steps above that for you... different levels of income comes with different levels of taste, and the options to do whatever the hell you want haha. now of course i'd drive whatever i bought, and if icouldnt drive it i wouldnt buy it, but if i had the money to own a bunch of different lambos for driving and investment purposes, and a cool way of storing 'em, i'd go for it

Old 10-26-2008, 07:57 AM

Yes you are right. But the people who buy supras to keep in side are not paying $200k or what ever for them. They are paying $30-$50k usually. Its a car that you dont feel entirely bad driving a few thousand miles a year. On top of it supras are just broken in at 130k miles lol. There is a guy on SF with 420K miles on the origanal motor of his TT that is BPU makeing over 400whp. Even supras are overpriced buy double. look at the JDM market they sell for half what they do here. The difference is $25k for my supra is not the difference in buying a real nice house but $200k times four is lol.

Alot of people think the Supra is so hard to get because of its price which I dont understand. Most poeple say things to me like I wish I could afford one. well the reality most could afford one instead of driving a brand new accord lol. I bought the Evo for only $3k less than my supra. at the time I was like man I wish I could afford a supra. 3 years later I sold the Evo for $25k and bought the supra for $25k. The thing is I had the Evo paid half off so I owed $12k. So I paid the Supra half off when I bought it from teh money I had banked on the Evo. So really I financed $13k and I am paying over $100 less a month for the supra than the Evo

Old 10-26-2008, 12:57 PM

do you really think that if the dude could afford 5 lambos that he'd be hurting for money and not be able to afford a nice house? it's kind of a bold judgement on such a small spectrum video that that house isnt worth a ton of money, especially depending on the neighborhood... i'm sure if the guy has enough money to buy that many high end cars then he's fine on money. and i'm not disagreeing with you that your supra is somewhat affordable, but thats to you, i cant imagine paying more than 5 maybe 10k on a car right now, it's all perspective and size of your wallet

Old 10-26-2008, 03:25 PM

do you really think that if the dude could afford 5 lambos that he'd be hurting for money and not be able to afford a nice house? it's kind of a bold judgement on such a small spectrum video that that house isnt worth a ton of money, especially depending on the neighborhood... i'm sure if the guy has enough money to buy that many high end cars then he's fine on money. and i'm not disagreeing with you that your supra is somewhat affordable, but thats to you, i cant imagine paying more than 5 maybe 10k on a car right now, it's all perspective and size of your wallet
Im not saying he has a small house or cant afford it. Clearly he can. He has a freaking elevator garage. But like Silver said it is really a little over the top. Personally if your going to go that far why the hell not just buy a house that has a freaking 5 car garage? You can obviously afford to do so instead you spend what I am going too assume is equal or over the amout value of the house to load up Lambos and have a custom garage made - where the hell is the logic?

Old 10-26-2008, 11:35 PM

if not where is the fun? lol, thats all im saying... of course it's over the top, it's absolutely ridiculous, but it's a freaking elevator garage haha. anyone with a wad of dough can get a 5 car garage, but it's different and kinda sweet

Quick Reply: sick ass garage