Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

sick ass garage

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 08:07 AM
Default RE: sick *** garage

ORIGINAL: sk8dudety

if not where is the fun? lol, thats all im saying... of course it's over the top, it's absolutely ridiculous, but it's a freaking elevator garage haha. anyone with a wad of dough can get a 5 car garage, but it's different and kinda sweet
I agree it is kinda cool. But honestly I feel like if i met the guy and saw this in person I would just want to laugh at the guy. Way to show the world you have way too much $$$$ and dont know what the hellto do with it when some of us live paycheck to paycheck or what ever. Its along the same line in my mind as girls who are walking around with all designer **** on. All it is , is just a fasion statment to show 'im better than you'

At least that is the way I see things like this. There was a guy on the SF and he made a postsomething along the lines of post your house. just so he could brag yea my house is XXXX square feet X amount of rooms ect ect. To me that is just tryingto rub it in to the people who are not as well off in a tough time.

Old 10-27-2008, 12:52 PM

yea i understand... but the fact that you look down on a guy because you think he's looking down on you is kind of odd, dont ya think? who cares if he has more money than you, you have more money than a lot of the guys on this forum and you posted a million and one pictures of your new car that half of us will never have the luxury to afford. it goes both way man, we could view you the same way you view him, "well i'd like to buy a supra but i'd much rather make my house payments". obviously a smaller scale than that guy with the lambos, but same basic principle

Old 10-27-2008, 06:35 PM

yea i understand... but the fact that you look down on a guy because you think he's looking down on you is kind of odd, dont ya think? who cares if he has more money than you, you have more money than a lot of the guys on this forum and you posted a million and one pictures of your new car that half of us will never have the luxury to afford. it goes both way man, we could view you the same way you view him, "well i'd like to buy a supra but i'd much rather make my house payments". obviously a smaller scale than that guy with the lambos, but same basic principle
I think you are not understanding me. I dont look down on anyone because of what the do or do not have. Its a matter of trying to show off how you are better than everyone. I friggin hate people who are think their **** dont stink ya know , and when your posting a video of a garage that has over half a million dollars worth of just cars let alone the in ground elevator garage all you are doing is saying hey what else should I spend my money on. When in the same breathe I meet older people every day who have nothing but $33 in their bank acounts till the end of the month. Posting pics of your car is one thing , esspecially on a car forum ,but you dont see me posting pics like hey guys I got this stuff and you will never have it because for one I am not well off like im sure some may think. I make 'OK' money for my age I also have a heap of bills. I live in a apt paying rent that is not all that big and has pratically no yard and has a railroad track running right threw where a train passes every half hour lol.

What I have anyone on this site could have. Its a matter of age. Compaired to most on here I am slightly older. When I was 17-20 years old I was BROKE AS A JOKE, ya know.

Im not saying he garage is not cool or unique or what ever its just a slap in the face to those of us who actually have trouble paying rent and student loans and all that stuff. My GF has $100k in student loan dept - that will take years and years to pay off on top of that she is on the verge of being laidoff. Its just the same with pro sports in the US. how in the world can so much money be tossed around like nothing when our country needs a 700 billion dollar bailout? Thats why when people brag about everything they have and how they are better it pisses me off.

Old 10-27-2008, 08:06 PM

he wasnt bragging at all. he was simply showing a video of his garage. it's not like he was like "o man this is something you people will never have, poor asses haha", he was simply showing his sweet garage. i personally don't seem any harm in it, and to take offence from this video is kind of ridiculous. that wasnt the point of the video at all.

Old 10-28-2008, 07:42 AM

he wasnt bragging at all. he was simply showing a video of his garage. it's not like he was like "o man this is something you people will never have, poor asses haha", he was simply showing his sweet garage. i personally don't seem any harm in it, and to take offence from this video is kind of ridiculous. that wasnt the point of the video at all.
Im not taking offense to it nor am I jelious. I am just saying this video was made for no other reason then to brag. I mean if I had that kind of money I can surely say it would be spent better than to havea $1mil garage. Exotic cars are just pointless to own since your not driving them more than 200 miles a year in most cases, if that likesilver said. I mean the supra i only put like 2000 miles a year on BUT I dont need a daily because I drive a company vehicle, and the supra you dont feel as guilty getting cought in rain or something like that.

I dont know but I see this as being a ***** move. you know the owner of that place is like yea everyone on the internet is gonna be so jelious ewsspecially with the web and the car world online is mostly made up of younger kids.

Old 10-28-2008, 10:59 AM

thats kinda ridiculous... you say you dont take offence to it then you call the guy a *****, no matter what you post online, whether it be a cool garage or a cool car, youre showing it off and bragging about it. you're no different than the guy showing his garage versus you showing your supra and evo. you're making a lot of assumptions on this guys intentions from this video, he could be the coolest guy you'll ever meet but just because he's showing off his garage he spent a bunch of money on you think he's a dick. i dont understand why you care that much about this, to me that sounds like jealousy. i dont really care tho, im not going to keep having an argument because you don't like a guy and his garage. i'm not gonna reply anymore to it

Old 10-28-2008, 12:05 PM
Super Moderator

Isnt kinda the point of anything you buy for showing off, i mean obviously there is the enjoying the car or whatever and taking enjoyment that you worked on something or worked to acheive something, but noone can say that they dont enjoy showing stuff that they have. Flaunting is one thing. (and by flaunting i mean excessive showing off by constantly showing off with arrogance) but simply showing something that you have is harmless and expected IMO.

And everyone has their own opinion on what they like and dislike. Alot of people like the lambo's, ferrari's, ect. I have never been in one nor driven one so i cant really say what they are like. I, like most of you, feel they are overrated, but other people may not. Mike, just like alot of peoplefeel the supra is overrated and overpriced. You may have different opinions on it. But its all in the person. This guy obviously enjoyes the lambos and likes to collect them. Then he came up with apretty cool idea to store them without having to worry about land area. Yes in our eyes he may be wasting money on other things. But its what he enjoys and took pride in, which is why he made a video of it.

Sure maybe the guy is arrogant, and then again, like SK8 said, maybe he is a real down to earth cool guy. You never know.

Old 10-28-2008, 05:56 PM

So you guys buy cars strictly to show them off? You think that is why I buy any car? Belive me when I say I bought my cars with no intention to brag or show them off. I bought them for myself and noone else, not to collect sitting in a garage it entire life and not for me to post pics either. I bought my car for me to enjoy ,not to make you guys jelious lol.

when you buy a handful of cars that are that expensive and you cant really drive them. then make a hideout for them that bruce wayne would be jelious of IMO is just showing off. Its just the same as the guys who own like 4-5 supras and a Evo or twoand have under 5k miles on them then post a million pics of there cars sitting in the huge *** house and garage. I never said the guy couldnt be cool or a friend but lets be honest , even some of our closest friends are that way. I have quite a few friends who like to brag about how they have everything in the world and it is annoying as all hell esspecailly when half the time it is BS. I think you guys are making to much of and argueing match over nothing really ya know.