Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Sick Orlando Supra

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 10:17 PM
Default RE: Sick Orlando Supra

It is sad all the things about supras I have If I only owned one instead of my Boy racer car the New Aged ricer EVO

Here is a quicksilver and a Royal saphire Pearl supra
Name:  RSP.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  44.6 KB

God I wish I owned one[:@]

Old 03-02-2006, 12:20 AM

I hear ya man... I came so close to having one.. Only to find out it was a scam... Kinda like what that guy found.. I found it on autotrader.com for 6,000. He had a credible story and even sent me a picture of the title. Only thing, he wouldnt ever give me a phone number, and he was overseas. Then he tried to use squaretrade and claim he was a Seal member there, and He wanted a money transfer which squaretrade says to never do. And he also said when i sent the wire transfer to say it was for a friend and not to tell them it was for a car, then he wouldnt get taxed big time.. This guy really had his stuff looking real.. But he flawed on the wire transfer and the overseas part... I had 6 grand ready if it was legit, but I just couldnt prove to myself he wasnt a fraud... I should of turned him in, but I was to lazy to dig up all the emails and try finding him again.. But if anyone runs into him I have some things to help prove hes a fraud, so if you want the info let me know... Never think your gonna get a supra TT for under 20, even if its totaled out.... They still go for around 15 totaled...

Old 03-02-2006, 12:58 AM

its not just a him...I have been in the buying market of one of these for nearly 2-3 years now and there are atleast 3 scams on autotrader I can go threw and look at them and tell you if it is. in most cases I can even find the real owner of the car which I have done a couple of times they didnt even know the pics of there cars were being used.

I know what the price of a supra should be in any color or combo so telling if it is a scam is easy. Like I said any one who has one knows what it is worth and would say I NEED TO SELL so the price is $15k lower. I dont care if your 105 years old you know exactly what you have in that car I mean you only spent $46k on it brand new to begin with and knowing it is very rare. I mean the average age owner of those cars is in the mid 40s I know of a few 80 year old with them and a hand full of 60 year olds. the 20-25 year old range is not popular to own a TT and the 25-40 is farley popular as well. I mean come on hulk Hogan owns 2 of them well he and his son

Old 03-02-2006, 05:13 AM

YA, there was this guy selling an 06 Wrx Sti on ebay saying that he' sell it to my buddy for 9,000 because he was over in Germany and they wouldn't let him bring his car into Germany unless it was tuned down. He had a very creditable story, but what was funny was I put then Vin number under Google Search and found the same vin number attachted to a totally different Wrx in texas.
I emailed the dude in texas warning him. They said they'd look into it. Hope they caught the guy.

Old 03-02-2006, 08:20 AM

ORIGINAL: PooT_Nation

YA, there was this guy selling an 06 Wrx Sti on ebay saying that he' sell it to my buddy for 9,000 because he was over in Germany and they wouldn't let him bring his car into Germany unless it was tuned down. He had a very creditable story, but what was funny was I put then Vin number under Google Search and found the same vin number attachted to a totally different Wrx in texas.
I emailed the dude in texas warning him. They said they'd look into it. Hope they caught the guy.
they do the same with EVOs. I actually saw a supra scammer claimed the car was in D.C. I ran the VIN#s and found that a week before the add was posted the car was registereed in P.R. and never was any where near D.C. throughout its history report.

Old 03-02-2006, 10:35 AM

Yeah you gotta watch out for scams like that. If the deal is way too good then it might be a scam.

Old 03-02-2006, 05:32 PM
Super Moderator

Not only that you also have the parts cars on E-Bay that they claim not to have a title for... It's ILLEGAL to sell a car (At least in the state of VA) without a title. The guy I bought from had no title and there is a lien on the actual title. The previous owner I was unable to get a hold of (It MAY be paid off and just awaiting him to finish paperwork but he doesn't as he doesn't care cuz he no longer has the car) but now I have a car I have to try to get a salvage/abandoned title for and that costs even more.

Old 03-02-2006, 11:38 PM

thats what mappened to my moms BMX Z3 we baught it off from e-bay for $30k picked the car up and waited on the title and when we confronted the DMV about it.. they said it had a lean on it..cause the person who had owned the car before us passed away and they sond it on a liquidation type thing.. yea that sucked cause that was such a niice car to drive

Old 03-03-2006, 03:44 AM

ORIGINAL: tidus10

thats what mappened to my moms BMX Z3 we baught it off from e-bay for $30k
Man That's an expensive Bike! Damn, my BMX only cost me around 150$. Better have and a BMW logo or something on it!

Old 03-03-2006, 08:33 AM

ORIGINAL: PooT_Nation

ORIGINAL: tidus10

thats what mappened to my moms BMX Z3 we baught it off from e-bay for $30k
Man That's an expensive Bike! Damn, my BMX only cost me around 150$. Better have and a BMW logo or something on it!

lol i mean BMW lol whoops BIGG typo...lol