Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

So I hate growing up

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 02:44 PM
Default So I hate growing up

What do you guys think of this.......

.... I Am thinking about selling the supra, not to buy another car or anything but to do the practicle thing and save. The calculated that I am spending around $7000 a year to keep the supra, and considering that I only drive 2000-3000 miles a year it almost seems way out of line at this point in my life. When I look at the fact I could have $30k or more saved up with in just a year I could move down south pretty comfortably with a nice downpayment on a house. At that time id love to buy another one. Basically I do plan to move south again and buy my 1st house. I plan on selling the supra before moving because I dont want to ship this one id rather sell it take the cash to move and buy another (nicer or more rare) after im settled and know my $$$ situation. The thing is I do love my car and just bought the thing. This is growing up at its best and damn it does suck.

I basically think it would make some sence to bank the $500+ a month take the left over $$$$ I get from selling and buying a decent DD and payoff the 3G and just save for a while. The thing I am afraid of right now if the 3G needs a few things fixed so I am afraid my GF will break down and get stuck without a car while I am spoiled with a car I cant drive that cost me a small fortune lol.

Old 12-26-2008, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: So I hate growing up

I know how you feel and I hate saying this but get the house now. It sucks being 23 and always wanting to buy an evo, but having kids young will change a lot of plans lol.

Anyways like you said you can always buy another supra.

Old 12-26-2008, 03:46 PM
Banned

Now that was something I didn't think I would see....

Ah well dude, you know whats best for you.

Old 12-26-2008, 03:59 PM

Oh sebba you know that with me even if I do sell it I am not done yet lol. I will buy another for sure. Most likely one a really wanted in the first place. Red on Tan was my least desired Supra the deal was just good. Id be saving for a RSP, QSfx, Green, or White supra. I like the rare expensive ones and in FL the car would be a perfect fit

Old 12-27-2008, 09:49 AM

i think you should give your car another season before you consider selling it... you haven't had it for very long at all, like one summer? if that... i'd give it time

Old 12-27-2008, 10:58 AM

Well its not a matter of not likeing the car. I love the car. It not a matter of if I sell it is a matter of when. I WILL sell the car when it comes to moving and buying a house. Id rather have like $30k to drop on a house payment ya know lol. I think I am going to keep the car untill the end of next season just so I can enjoy it a little more. I do know that I will buy another one as soon as I buy a house and settle in and save up. Only difference is I will but a more rare car and prob pay is all cash.

Old 12-27-2008, 11:00 AM
Banned

You should wait a little while. I have some financial plans that could alter my situation, and in the not so distant future I could be in a position to take it from your hands.

Old 12-27-2008, 11:56 AM

lol I was waiting for that hahaha. I though about PMing you just to be an *** and telling you to buy my car

Old 12-27-2008, 08:35 PM

Deff sucks I jumped on that train a few years ago. I've got a Roth IRA going as well as a savings account that I put money in monthly. So ya bout that supra, my homie is looking to dump his lighting and pick one up, when you looking to get rid of it?

Old 12-27-2008, 08:46 PM

Slow it really depends. If someone were to offer my a amount that to me was good id sell now, not that I want to but I would. That is actually how the Evo got sold. It was not for sale at that time , It was about 6 months before that then I decided to go all out with it in the spring when about 1 month before I started working on it again I got a call randomly and I couldnt refuse it.

If someone offered me in the $25-$26k range is prob let it go. I have spent around 1k on a few mods and all the upkeep I started doing to the car. On top of hours of work to strip the rubbized dash panels down and prep then and paint them to look factory without having all the scratches and scuffs that the rubber crap brings. The bad thing for me is the supra market is slightly down due to the economy. My car would have had a good chance at fetching in the $28-$29k range about a year ago

Quick Reply: So I hate growing up