Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

today

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 02:17 PM
Default today

8 members and 369 guests on today at 11:23am. I am proud!!! the forums is picking up very nicely... thats kick ***!

Old 09-15-2004, 05:31 PM
Default RE: today

SWEET! Now if we could get the 369 guest to register and post!

Old 09-15-2004, 11:34 PM

We need more people to join, and to talk.

Old 09-16-2004, 07:49 PM

do you REALLY think we had that many on at one time? that would be sweet!

Old 09-17-2004, 01:59 PM

Alright everybody, i've been trying to gather and get people here on this forum since i started. Burnt, Nate, madmat, i'm sure you remember when you first started how un-inviting this forum was. People would ask questions and no one would answer them....then the people would leave after not finding help here. So this is what i propose: Greet every new member, whether it's they're first post or they posted a long time ago and are just now returning. Please Please Please try and answer all the newbie questions. We all know quite a bit about DSM's, mitsubishi's, and general car info......if we answer the newbie's questions, they'll come back here with more questions and eventually see that this is a good place to learn and socialize at. Remember, we do have rival forums...DSMtuners, Cardomains, that other one with blue skyline in the logo. I'm not saying rival like "hey let's go burn down DSMtuners and beat their dog", But the more new member we get, the less they get. And it all starts with the new members. Let's say an 18 year old just got his hands on a 97gst. He comes here and aks a question but no one reply's back or even aknowledges him....he'll eventually fall into a bad crowd and go to DSMtuners. Then he'll start bad-mouthing MitsuForums and we'll have to end up (you guessed it) Burning his house down and beating his dog/girlfriend/whatever. The point is, We can avoid all this just by answering the simplest questions. Remember knowledge is free(except for college....), so lets just help as much as we can. You guys are doing a very good job, burnt you flooded the New Members area with replys, and Madmat you reply and help out just about everywhere you can. Nate5023...i'm sorry to say we're gonna have to let you go......just kidding, Keep it up and you're pretty much next in line to become a Mod....like it's so exclusive anymore
BTW, i'm sorry to see 91eclipse go....he used to always have my back....remember the Colosuss epidemic? And Spyderman9803 seems to have disappeared also, me and him were like the only two that believed in the 4g64 around here. Maybe they have spidey syndrome or spidey-itis
Anyways, keep it up, and i haven't heard from wildwest yet...i PM'ed him and he never responded. He's a mod too right? oh well. Seeya.

Old 09-17-2004, 03:30 PM

i think were doin a damn good job of greeting newbies...... i personally try and answer as many questions as i can, even if im not 100% sure of the answers, people just come, get there question answered and never come back for some reason........ oh, and i believe in the 4g64, lots of potential, just need to know where to start and what path to take with the upgrades......

Old 09-17-2004, 04:33 PM

Before i left, i had amanda open up the "Tech Help" forum to give people an idea of where to post their first time questions. I recently looked in there and i see close to all the questions have no reply's. Most of the questions are recent, within the past week or so, so i'm hoping those people will not have abandoned us for no reply's. I've also noticed that most of the people in that section of the forum have not introduced themselves either, so no one is really aware that they've joined our forums. I've started to answer some of the questions in the tech help section, but i'd like to see you guys pay some more attention to the people in there. They'll either start posting out of the "tech help" section and start posting elsewhere and clogging the forums, or just leave altogether. I don't mean to talk down to you guys, i know you all have lives and other things to worry about, but these are real people with real problems asking for help. I know i can't let someone suffer and worry about car problems(or any problems for that matter) without trying to help them out. I also don't like to see people waste money unnecessarily, since i myself don't have very much.

1398spdr, i see that you are doing you're best to help out, you've been here close to three month's and have already gathered so many posts. I'm glad you guys are spending time to help others. In truth, i know you don't have to, but it shows something about your integrity when you help other's in need, no matter what the problem. Keep it up and thanks.

Old 09-17-2004, 06:05 PM

boyz dont worry i am here.. i will have all yo backs.. i will meet and greet.. what am i to wear.. innocent school girl.. or.... dirrty school girl..

Old 09-17-2004, 06:32 PM

thanks spyerGS, and GSX, u duurrty little school gurl......

Old 09-17-2004, 09:46 PM

I think we kick ***.. keep up the good work everyone

Quick Reply: today