Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Tuner Transformation....(sic)

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 12:58 PM
Default RE: Tuner Transformation....(sic)

what's withh all you guys dumping your mustangs for eclipses? Here i am getting rid of my spyder for corolla....what? Am i going backwards or something?

Old 10-01-2004, 04:53 PM

hey spyder... did you fall and hit your head? why are you getting rid of your eclipse and getting corolla??????? [sm=badidea.gif]

Old 10-03-2004, 05:22 PM

yea, umm..... why would you do that...........?
and i had always wanted an eclipse, it just so happend i wanted a new one and couldnt afford it, and the 5 0 is another car that i had always liked, and i could afford it.........

Old 10-04-2004, 10:59 AM

we got rid of our 5L muscle for rice because our rice makes just a many ponies and uses much less fuel to get there. I loved my 4 barrrel carb. but @ 15 MPG... i couldnt afford it.

Old 10-04-2004, 07:43 PM

yea, i was fillin up every two days (on average), and thats when gas was cheap, like 4 or 5 years ago cheap when it only cost 10 bucks to fill up.......

Old 10-05-2004, 11:12 AM

heck yeah. When i turned 16 gas was 98 cents a gallon. i had a duster (cousin to eclipsebased off of colt which was the starting block for the eclipse) 15 gal tank with 30 some mpg. i could drive anywhere for 5 bucks a week....

Old 10-06-2004, 11:27 AM

Damn, my first car was a 97 talon.....and gas was $1.19 when i started driving.....[:-]

Anyways, yeah, the spyder's gonna be going soon. The main reason is well, the corolla is free. No car payments kick ***. And i'm trying to save my cash to buy a mk1 mr2 and drop in a 20 valve. The spyder is nice and all, but everything is just so expensive and money is one thing i don't have a lot of. Plus, too much stuff is going wrong with the spyder. The cam sensor gasket leaks oil like ****, the shocks are on their last breath, the interior smells like sex(a good time, but not a good smell), the front and rear bumper look like skid plates, and the clutch line just sprung a leak. I don't know which problem to tackle first, but i do know that there all well over the $50 mark, and that's too much. Plus, from everything i've seen, most DSM owners have generally moved to toyota after getting rid of their DSMs. Either the Supra, Lexus GS series, or SC series, they're all very capable cars, half of them come with v8's and they're like super reliable. I did want to build a gs400 or sc400 drag car, but lately, the high strung 9,000rpm redline of a tweaked 20 valve 4age is getting my attention. I dunno, no car payments do kick *** though.

Old 10-06-2004, 04:11 PM

yea, ive got 2 and 1/2 years left on my car, after that though i can do whatever i want to it, and have the money to do it, im keepin mine for a loonnnngggggg time.........

Old 10-08-2004, 12:40 PM

I had about 2 years left to pay on my spyder, but at the rate the car was going, in 2 years it would have been 4 wheels and some scrap metal. Fate wasn't kind to that car, and neither was i actually.

Old 10-08-2004, 02:25 PM

yea, im not kind to mine either, but i figure once i get it paid off i can actually spend some money on it and get it the way i want it......... so for now its just my daily driver.........

Quick Reply: Tuner Transformation....(sic)