Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
Rolex
42.86%
Panerai
14.29%
Breitling
0%
Omega
28.57%
Vacheron Constantin
0%
Patek Philippe
14.29%
Other (specify)
0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Which watch would you choose?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 05:18 PM
Default RE: Which watch would you choose?

I just use the sun

Old 09-29-2005, 05:35 PM

I'd have a lot more fun with the Eclipse than what I would with a stupid watch...The watch isn't gonna do anything but sit on your wrist and you may look at it once in a while...I'd pull more *** with the car than what you would with a watch.

Old 09-29-2005, 09:45 PM

ORIGINAL: shreff99

I'd have a lot more fun with the Eclipse than what I would with a stupid watch...The watch isn't gonna do anything but sit on your wrist and you may look at it once in a while...I'd pull more *** with the car than what you would with a watch.

Perhaps, but the fellow who owns the watch probably drives a car that pulls much more *** than yours.

Old 09-29-2005, 09:52 PM

ORIGINAL: Patrick

hmmm..i dont know..my car is worth more now than when i bought it...

my phone has a clock on it.
I am a salesperson at an Infiniti dealer, and I worked at a Mitsu and Vw dealer in the past, and I have had countless folks try to trade in thier heavily modified Civics, Eclipses, Crapaliers, etc. etc....And they never understand why they are upside down or why they can't recoup any reasonable portion of thier investment in modificiations. Cars are actually worth less with all the mods...because to sell the car, the dealer has to make it somewhere in the loan to book value ratio...and having $20,000 of mods put into a generally $13,000 eclipse isn't going to fly with the bank when trying to get a $30,000 loan on it. I must clarify what I stated before..When I said depreciating asset, I was referring to the mainstream market, not a niche market like Gen2 lovers or the tuners.

Old 09-30-2005, 12:56 PM

Well duhhhhhhhh, I'm a Master Certified sales consultant at a Ford & Mercury dealership...actually the top guy.. and I know how "trade" values work and what "depreciation" is so thanks for clearing that up for me there, I wasn't real clear on that (being sarcastic in case you don't get it) LOL...I don't care about watches or jewelry cuz I don't wear any of it even though I can buy just about anything.. so to me, dumping the money into my Eclipse is much more worth it and that's what I'm into...I don't ever have plans on "trading" my Eclipse and if I would ever remotely think about getting rid of it, then it would be on the Barrett-Jackson auction, on E-bay, or the AutoTrader or some **** of the sorts and take my hits there rather than at a dealership and I don't care if noone can get bought on it, that just means I get to keep it LOL...And there is no way I am upside down on my Eclipse, it's paid for! If you're more into watches and not DSM's then your on the wrong website there chief...I would never buy a car off of you as a customer...End of discussion...Patrick, let's get rid of this topic please!!

Old 09-30-2005, 01:13 PM

The high end cars don't do anything for me..Not easily impressed with them...I used to run my own detailing business on the side while working at a private club and I would drive and detail BM'ers, Benz's, Lexus's, big SUV's, etc. for the members like doctor's, lawyers, business owners, blah blah and I had quite a clientel built up and I can about guarantee I could pull more *** with my Eclipse and personality than an old, rich, hairy fat guy with a Benz, gold watch, and high ego.

Old 09-30-2005, 07:28 PM

I think with overall look the Patek Philippe watches are gorgeous, they look much better than the rolexes.

Old 10-04-2005, 11:42 PM

@Daaaam

Rolex is a little cliche these days...overplayed I think. Pateks are even more impressive in person, I think.

Old 10-04-2005, 11:48 PM

ORIGINAL: shreff99

Well duhhhhhhhh, I'm a Master Certified sales consultant at a Ford & Mercury dealership...actually the top guy.. and I know how "trade" values work and what "depreciation" is so thanks for clearing that up for me there, I wasn't real clear on that (being sarcastic in case you don't get it) LOL...I don't care about watches or jewelry cuz I don't wear any of it even though I can buy just about anything.. so to me, dumping the money into my Eclipse is much more worth it and that's what I'm into...I don't ever have plans on "trading" my Eclipse and if I would ever remotely think about getting rid of it, then it would be on the Barrett-Jackson auction, on E-bay, or the AutoTrader or some **** of the sorts and take my hits there rather than at a dealership and I don't care if noone can get bought on it, that just means I get to keep it LOL...And there is no way I am upside down on my Eclipse, it's paid for! If you're more into watches and not DSM's then your on the wrong website there chief...I would never buy a car off of you as a customer...End of discussion...Patrick, let's get rid of this topic please!!
oohh...ok, so you're one of those types on forums that are "oh i'm loaded and I can buy anything I want" and " oh yeah, I sell cars too and I'm the best in the world"..

If you sell Ford and Mercury, you should now that the BMW's and Lexus's that you aren't impressed with dont need incentives and employee purchase programs to sell thier cars...and perhaps an Eclipse (I love mine, don't get me wrong) might pull more teeny-bopper *** than some of the aforementioned cars..but nothin' I would hit.

and btw, I posted this in the off-topic forum, if you don't like it, don't read and post here. I was not the one who came on with rude initially posts like calling watches that I collect as a hobby "stupid"...There are those that would consider our appreciation for our brand or automobile as stupid. Your comment about putting (not dumping) money in to your eclipse because that is your gig was what you should have said in the begining, not insulting my apprecaition of horology.

Old 10-05-2005, 12:36 AM

harsh...why not let him say what he wants to say...if he's "fully-loaded" more power to him.

Quick Reply: Which watch would you choose?