Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Went to Pinks last night

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006 | 01:43 PM
|
Default Went to Pinks last night

We took the Chev Luv in case they needed someone to race for someone who may have broke down, but nobody did. But it did let us park right next to the entrance gate in case we were needed. An aquaintance was racing his Corvette last night on the show and he took no prisoners. Pretty fun and got filmed in the crowd many times but we will see if my big break ends up on the cutting room floor. My camera is in the Luv and I'll get pictures when I can. But I didn't take any pictures of the Vette, big dumby, but I did take pictures of his new to him, '64 Black Chevelle. The first taping was a Malibu vs. a '69 Camaro from Canada, and that went 5 races, very close.

Old 09-24-2006 | 02:57 PM
Default RE: Went to Pinks last night

What were the details of the race? I enjoy the negotiating that goes on between the two different "teams". The last one I saw was two early 90's mustangs and one got sandbagged I feel. But, without opening the hood and checking out the other guys car.....you never know what to expect.

Old 09-25-2006 | 12:48 AM

awesome, get them pics up!

Old 09-25-2006 | 01:25 AM
|

First Race, '69 Big Block Camaro from Canada vs. a local Malibu with Turbo. The turbo Malibu was a bit much so he had to turn his boost down to something like 6.2 lbs, was suppose to bring something like a mid 10 car. On full boost it was said the thing would run mid 8's. Malibu won on heads up and Camaro smoking; Camaro won by a few feet and still smoking with tranny smoke; Malibu wins; Camaro wins by a few feet; the ending, Camaro but not by much. What a race!!!
[IMG][/IMG]

Camaro fixing tranny lines.
[IMG][/IMG]

Rich getting ready to send them.
[IMG][/IMG]

The racers leaving the line.
[IMG][/IMG]

Next race, my buddy knows the guy in the Vette, Jim Evans, and I have met him a few times and looked at his Vette a while back before he went racing full time and sold his muffler shops and got a full ride. Nice guy. We were told he didn't sleep much that night. Jim knows the guy in the black '64 Chevelle and they are friends. One of the biggest arguments was that the looser had to put his car on e-bay after the show and what the cars are worth. They both wanted 45,000 but the one guy that is standard on Pinks said the cars were not worth that much. They finally figured 32,000 for the Chevelle and 40,000 for the Vette. For the 3rd race Jim is not giving much even though he has 2 wins already. Jim was on tonight and not about to be stopped, 3 races, 3 wins. The guy in the Chevelle could not get launched, they even switched lanes and on the 3rd race he almost put it into the wall several, several times. The Vette pulls up to the line to receive his new car, the guy in the Chevelle pulls up, and then starts bolting with the car to the setup area with Rich and the camera guys chasing after him. We do not know if he was pissed about loosing that fast or if he just forgot, but it looks like he did not want to give his car up, he had had it for years, since high school is what I was told. I did not get a good picture of Jim's Vette but if you really strain, you can see it on the other side of the Chevelle. Jim then went into an exhibition race against the Camaro for 500.00 because the second taping went so fast. Jim was on fire, his car launched like it was shot out of a cannon, and collected 500.00.
[IMG][/IMG]

It was hard to hear, but asking people that could hear better than I, this is what I got out of it.

Old 09-25-2006 | 01:54 AM

wow awsome cars and awsome pics

Old 09-25-2006 | 10:04 AM
Super Moderator

Nice sounds like a fun time